I've seen a few lists of other people's favorite baby things, and I put together one of my own. These are the things we like and have used the most during Ezra's newborn months.
Fisher Price Rainforest Swing--My sister let me borrow this swing, and I love it for a few reasons--it swings sideways and front to back, it has a mobile that can move with or without music, it has 4 different sounds that can be played depending on whether the baby is sleepy or wants to play and be awake, and best of all, it plugs in. No batteries to replace!
Baby Einstein Play Mat--This is on loan from my friend Tiffany. Ezra uses this toy more than any other toy we own. I can lay him under it and he will stare at all the toys, grab them and smile for a loooong time. I have even started bringing it with me when I go out of town, because it breaks down easily and is easy to pack.
Conair Infant Sound Machine--We use this for the white noise so we don't have to tiptoe around the house when Ezra is sleeping. It has other sounds (heartbeat anyone?), but we stick with the white noise.
Summer Day/Night Video Monitor--I love this monitor. It has video and sound, and keeps me from going into Ezra's room multiple times a night whenever he makes a peep. Plus, sometimes when Ezra is asleep I miss him (dorky, I know), so I can look at my cute little sleeping baby anytime without waking him up.
Graco Snugride32 Carseat w/ Travel System--once Ezra got over his carseat aversion (which I think would have been the case with any carseat), I have grown to really like this carseat. It is also one of the highest rated in Consumer Reports. My favorite part about it is the sunshade that slides back and forth and isn't attached to the back of the carrier, if that makes sense. That way you can move it to block the sun or wind from whatever direction. It's supposed to fit up to 32 pounds or 32 inches, so we will see if we still use it that long or switch to a convertible before that. Obviously we won't be carting Ezra around in it at that point, since our arm is about to fall off as it is with that kid in his carseat.
Kolcraft Jogging Stroller--I like this stroller because Ezra can face forward or backward in it, and it also has a carseat attachment. It does the job on our walks and runs.
Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe--We used this for every nap and bedtime until about a week and a half ago. It calmed Ezra right down and he knew it was time to sleep. It kept him from flailing his arms around and scratching himself in the face and waking himself up. I didn't think swaddling was really necessary before we had a baby, but once we tried it with Ezra, it worked for us. I know it doesn't work for some babies. We have since started using the Halo Sleepsack (thanks for the suggestion, Hollie!).
Kelty Wallaby Infant Carrier--I got this for $22 at babysteals.com. I also have an Ergo, but at this point Ezra is not a huge fan of facing in and not being able to see anything when he's in a carrier. This is a lot like the Baby Bjorn, I think. It's easy to put on, comfortable, and Ezra likes it because he can look out or face in if he's sleeping. I'll still use my Ergo when he gets bigger. I think the Kelty is rated to 25 pounds, but I don't know if I'll use it when he's that big.
GroBaby Cloth Diapers--I was inspired by Stephanie to check these diapers out when I was researching cloth diapers, and I am not sorry that we decided to get them. They are great. Ezra hasn't had a single blowout, and the extra load of laundry every few days is nothing compared to the amount of laundry I'm already doing. And really, it's not gross. Basically you throw the diapers in a wetbag instead of in the trash, and then you throw the whole thing in the wash instead of the dumpster. No big deal. Even Chad doesn't mind them. I still let the grandparents use disposables. :)
Quilter's Nappies cloth wipes--I started using cloth wipes because it only makes sense with cloth diapers. I love using cloth wipes as much as I love the diapers. I just store them in a plastic wipes container with some wipes solution, and they are sooooo much better at getting the messes than disposable wipes. Also, I have started using these for bath washcloths as well.
So, there's my list. I'm sure I'll add to it as the months pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Missing Ezra Paul (and his parents)
I don't know why all this is so interesting to me, but I'm amazed at all the goodies. Thanks for the blog.
Post a Comment