Wednesday, October 28, 2009

3 months and last week

Yet another month has passed since we have had Ezra in our lives! He is 3 months old today. Ezra continues to grow and develop. Here are a few of his new 3 month things:

-He is no longer swaddled when he takes his naps or sleeps at night. Swaddling is for babies; Ezra is a big boy (this is what he told us). He is actually sleeping better now than he was toward the end of the swaddling phase, because he can't wriggle out of anything. Also, he likes to sleep with both hands up by his face, so that couldn't have been too comfortable to be wrapped up tight like a burrito.
-On October 22 I heard Ezra laugh for the first time--an unmistakable laugh. Paul and Carolyn were visiting and Paul was just talking to him (Ezra loves his Papaw!) and he just let out the cutest laugh. Paul was able to get him to laugh a couple more times, and I have gotten a couple giggles out of him. I am still trying to capture it on video, but once I do, I'll post it, believe me!

This last week was a lot of fun. Paul and Carolyn got here on Wednesday afternoon, and I left Ezra in very capable hands and went shopping. Then Thursday I got to run some errands by myself, and then Thursday night Chad and I went on our first "real" date since Ezra was born...dinner, Starbucks and a movie. It was great! Then, Friday Ezra and I drove to my mom's house in Garner, just west of Weatherford. She just finished building her house and had only moved in on Tuesday. It is so nice. I can't wait to go back for Thanksgiving! Ezra did great in the car and slept most of the way there and most of the way back. Over the weekend I also went to my friend Larry's wedding in Granbury and got to hang out with Emily and her sweet baby girl Heidi, who is 6 months old.

-This last week Ezra has started to grasp things and now has much better control of his hands. He can grasp the toys that dangle from his play mat, a fabric ball, and even his bottle for a few seconds. He has also gotten more interested in books and Texas Monthly.

4 comments:

Chrissy Cross said...

What a precious boy, I love his big smile!

Amy said...

I love the picture of you two on the couch reading! He is so fun.

davemaz said...

Loved the grin he was giving Paul! Is he ready for Bonfire?

Lesley said...

Maybe they will reinstate it by the time he is a student at TAMU. Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2031!