Also, I gained a half pound this past week. I have been better this week about working out. I've run 6 miles this week so far and plan to go running a couple more times, plus do the shred once or twice. I think this is the first week since I had a baby that I've gained weight.
Here are a couple recipes that I made this week. The enchiladas were a new one that I got from my friend Mitzi, and the stuffed chicken recipe is one that I've made for a couple years. I also make the honey nut chicken a lot.
Green enchiladas
8 tomatillos
2-3 jalapenos
8 oz cream of mushroom soup (I just used the whole can, which is about 10 oz)
10 oz sour cream
1 garlic clove
2 cooked, shredded chicken breasts
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
10-12 corn tortillas
Boil the tomatillos and jalapenos in salted water until tomatillos are transluscent. Blend in food processor with soup, sour cream and garlic. Mix in chicken. Spread a little bit of the mixture on the bottom of a square or round baking dish. Layer cheese, torn up tortillas and soup mixture until they run out, ending with cheese on the top layer. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese bubbles, about 20 minutes.
Tomato basil feta-stuffed chicken breasts
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6 oz. tomato basil feta cheese (I can never find this, so I blend together regular feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil in a food processor or just use plain feta cheese)
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (I use regular bread crumbs with garlic powder and Italian seasoning)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place chicken breasts beween 2 pieces of wax paper. Gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wax paper. Place 1 ounce of feta cheese in the center of each chicken breast, and fold in half.
Spread 2 tablespoons in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange chicken in the dish, and top with remaining bread crumbs.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Here is the link to the honey nut chicken sticks. I make sweet potato fries with this. Also, I reduce the amount of grill seasoning because I think it's too salty otherwise.
Also, today's my birthday...I am 28. Chad came home from work and brought me breakfast and took care of Ezra so I could sleep late, even though he was exhausted from his shift at work. It was really nice. I keep forgetting it's my birthday. I guess that's what happens the older you get. :)
3 comments:
He is definitely the world's cutest baby.
It's not about you anymore....well, most days- but atleast some part of today should be ALL ABOUT YOU!!! Hope you had a great BDay~
I hope you had a good day! Sorry that I didn't realize it was your birthday - I hope it was a good one!
Post a Comment