Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Announcing the arrival...

Of my new Gro Baby cloth diapers! They came today and I have been spending some time working on the different settings. The close-up picture (which I rotated correctly in iPhoto, but it isn't working in blogger right now) shows the toddler, infant, and newborn settings that the diapers can be put on. In the other picture, you are looking at 6 diaper shells, some extra inserts, wipes, a sprayer that attaches to the toilet (to be used once the baby starts eating solids), laundry detergent, and wet/dry bags...one for the diaper bag and one for the nursery. When I showed everything to Chad, he at first thought that the patterned bags were the diapers (he just glanced at them briefly). He said that he was going to have to tell me to send those things back if that was the actual diaper. Anyway, I'll let you know how this goes. I am excited to get started!I was just visualizing some of your faces when you saw the blog title. Please, family members, have a little faith...I WILL call you and let you know when this baby comes (or is on his way). Check back on Friday, which is when we should know a little more about when.

7 comments:

Hollie said...

You are such a stinker! Good luck with the cloth diapers~

Lesley said...

Ha! Sorry, I've got a lot of time on my hands waiting for the kiddo to appear...might as well have some fun with it.

The Montandon's said...

We were ready to jump in the car and head to lubbock.

Amy said...

I am intrested to hear how the diapers go!

davemaz said...

This discussion is a hoot! Whatever happened to plain white diapers with big safety pins?

Lesley said...

My guess is safety pins weren't so safe and someone figured out something better. Did you ever have to change one of those or did y'all use the disposable kind (did they even have those back then)?

Steph said...

yay, i can't wait for you to try the diapers! they have worked so well for me. my wipes just came in and i am washing them now :)