Guess what? We had a baby today! His name is Ezra Paul Montandon and he was born at 12:23 p.m. on July 28, 2009. He weighs 6 lbs 14 oz., 18 inches long, and has a long second toe just like his mama!
The delivery went very well. I got my epidural around 7:30 this morning after getting the pitocin at 5:30. After a short time with a lot of pain because I wasn't pressing my epidural button enough, my nurse said it was time! After waiting for my doctor to get here from the other hospital in town, I pushed for about 5 minutes and there he was!
We took some pictures earlier but I still need to upload them to the computer, and I'll post them later today. He's got some hair, but it's closer to my color than Chad's. Of course, we think he's the cutest baby ever. Right now he's warming up in our room so he can go get his first bath, and he is just so quiet and sweet. I really want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. It meant a lot to know that so many people were lifting us up in prayer today. We are so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praise God for an easy labor and a precious healthy baby! I can't wait to see the little guy!
Congratulations! You're already a pro at the delivery thing...just like Erin. Praying for you to have an easy recovery and transition home. Praise God for a healthy little boy!
We can't wait to hold Ezra Paul and give lots of sugar.
Congratulations!! Such a wonderful time and a blessed adventure your starting. So glad you had a fairly easy, LOL, time.
Uncle Mark and Aunt Kristy
Elena - I know her!!! I can't believe he is already a week. I was going to go see your cabin but do to swine flu did not go to the Canyon. I was going to come see Ezra tomorrow but due to swine flu came to Abilene. Congratulations and furrowed brow (shows a thinker) or not he is adorable!! Can't wait to meet him.
Post a Comment