I had my 39 week doctor's appointment yesterday. Everything was good, but not a whole lot of progress is being made in the "going into labor" situation. My doctor estimates that baby boy M weighs 7 lbs or more at this point, so he is a good, healthy size, and I am really feeling like he has no more room to grow...he literally spans my entire abdomen now, going above and in front of my ribcage, and all the way from side to side. So, here's the deal. I have one more doctor's appointment, next Friday, if I don't go into labor this next week. At that point, we will schedule a time for me to go into the hospital that next week for an induction, since my doctor won't let me go past 41 weeks (which at this point is completely fine with me...we are getting anxious, and this kiddo is full term, so I am not worried about him coming too early). So the good news is that we WILL have a baby sometime in the next two weeks. The not-so-good news is that I might have to be induced, which is really not my first choice, for obvious reasons. To me, the only benefits of an induction are knowing exactly when you need to go to the hospital and not having the "surprise" element, which I was actually looking forward to, and the other benefit is getting to have your baby early, which wouldn't apply to us either since I'd be past my due date. So please say a prayer that I will go into labor sometime this next week! You grandparents might want to start deciding on a time when you would like to visit, since we've got the time window narrowed down now.
My last post was about saving money, and we have decided to try out cloth diapering. I have ordered a bunch of stuff and am actually really excited about doing this, especially the money saving aspect. I'm sure I will keep you posted about how it's going.
I was looking through some old posts last night and found this picture, which I posted as my 13 weeks pregnant picture and I thought my belly was SO big:

This is so funny to me. I'm sure I was pushing out my belly too. Yesterday Chad was asking me what I was most excited for about not being pregnant anymore (apart from the obvious "we'll have a baby"). What I am looking forward to the most is being able to move quickly again, bend over, not be out of breath all the time, and most of all being able to exercise and lose all this extra weight. If pregnancy has taught me anything, it's that my body was not built to carry around all this extra weight. So I am looking forward to being able to RUN again!
I hope everyone has a good weekend. It's finally out of the 100-degree weather here, so things are much more bearable.
4 comments:
Maybe we could get a new grandson AND get some rain this next week! What a bounty.
I was always so excited about not being pregnant anymore! It is nice not to have to carry around all that extra weight. If you want someone to jog with after the baby gets here, let me know!!
Very Exciting! You are doing great! Can't wait to meet little baby Montandon.
Wow, Les...I can't believe you're about to have your little guy! We are praying for you and for a safe, simple, and quick delivery. I can't wait to hear about his arrival!!
Post a Comment