And now for the pictures I know most of you really care about. They are a little off because I was taking them in a hurry, but you can get the idea. Here is our new home which we will move into on Monday! It's coming up so soon. We love this house. This first picture is the outside, obviously. The tree just to the right of the garage is a magnolia and we think the one to the left of the garage (really big tree hanging over the house) is a mulberry. Isn't the white fence so cute!

Here is the living room, and I'm pretty sure Chad is not aware that he is in this shot. You can see it is completely open to the kitchen behind it, which I think is my favorite room in the house. That door is to the backyard.

This is the front living area which looks out to the street. It's a really good sized room with a ceiling fan. It was probably once used as a formal dining room but we will put the piano and probably a couple pieces of furniture to sit on, and eventually the Christmas tree.
Here is the kitchen. Chad really wanted a gas range, but we figured it was a lost cause until we found this house. It was literally the only one out of the 30 houses we looked at that had a gas range, and it turned out we loved the rest of the house so Chad will be getting his gas range...and it has 5 burners! The owners also are leaving us the chairs at the island and the pot rack. All the appliances in the kitchen are updated except the oven. Just to the right of the island we will put our larger dining room table that was my grandparents'. 
Here is the kitchen. Chad really wanted a gas range, but we figured it was a lost cause until we found this house. It was literally the only one out of the 30 houses we looked at that had a gas range, and it turned out we loved the rest of the house so Chad will be getting his gas range...and it has 5 burners! The owners also are leaving us the chairs at the island and the pot rack. All the appliances in the kitchen are updated except the oven. Just to the right of the island we will put our larger dining room table that was my grandparents'. 
Here's a close-up of the tile on the island, which looks a bit more understated in person without the flash of a camera. Mom bought me all new dishtowels for a housewarming gift, and those are blue, green and black. I'm glad the island is there, that way I don't have to figure out a color scheme for that room. 

This is the view of the right side of the backyard from inside the house. Lots of trees and a shaded porch. They also have a hot tub which they are taking with them, so that will give us more patio room. To the left of the sidewalk is the other half of the backyard which has the workshop (really big, nice storage area), the "RV" parking that is storing the firewood right now (it's not very big), and some more grass. I don't think that gas lamp is connected to the gas line anymore but it looks pretty. This was one of the biggest backyards we saw. 

I call these my "before" pictures. All the following rooms I would like to do something with once we move in. This is the master bedroom which doesn't look yellow in person, more of a neutral cream on the walls. We want to change the carpet in all the bedrooms, probably to wood that matches the floor in the 2nd living area. The hallway to the bedrooms is the saltillo tile which I think will look nice up against wood in the rooms eventually. 

This is the second bedroom which I think is the biggest. All the bedrooms are about the same size, really. The paint is a faux finish which I think is okay but I think I'll want to change it eventually. 

Yikes! floweredy border and lacy curtain overload. I'm sorry if you are offended that I do not like the decorating in this room. It will be one of the first things to go. It does not match the rest of the house at all. This is also a good sized room that has a corner built-in cabinet. I think we will use this as the office/Chad's drumset room, and have a bed in here as well for guests.
This is the second bathroom. It is very big and very mauve. I will probably use this bathroom most of the time to get ready because the vanity area in the master bedroom is open to the bedroom and Chad won't like it if I've got the light on and am blowing my hair dry while he is trying to sleep. This is the first room I want to redo. We'll strip the wallpaper, texture and paint but leave the white paneling, and say goodbye to those curtains.
This is the second bathroom. It is very big and very mauve. I will probably use this bathroom most of the time to get ready because the vanity area in the master bedroom is open to the bedroom and Chad won't like it if I've got the light on and am blowing my hair dry while he is trying to sleep. This is the first room I want to redo. We'll strip the wallpaper, texture and paint but leave the white paneling, and say goodbye to those curtains.
This is the decor of the master bathroom. I haven't decided what I want to do with it yet but the blue and yellow stripe is not my favorite. But it will probably stay this way for a while because I don't totally hate it. When I took this picture I was standing in the vanity area, and this room has the shower and toilet in it. Sorry for all the description but I'm trying to help you visualize it. Directly behind me is the closet. 

Isn't this wallpaper awesome? This isn't actually in the house we bought, just another house we looked at. Yes, it is a metallic wallpaper located in the wetbar of a house that was straight out of the '70s. That house gave me the creeps because it was vacant but they had left some stuff, including three cats in the backyard. Just thought I'd share the awesomeness that is this wallpaper. 
Well, I hope you like our new house. Stay tuned for the "after" pictures when we start updating the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Well, I hope you like our new house. Stay tuned for the "after" pictures when we start updating the bedrooms and bathrooms.
7 comments:
Thanks for the pictures! I have a few comments. First of all, Mindee and Anthony (+ baby) are moving in with the 'rents while Anthony goes to school so I hope we have an open invitation to invade your house! Second of all, this is a great time of year to get good deals on patio furniture, just FYI. The 2nd bathroom is HUGE! I also really liked seeing the pictures of your classroom. Enjoy all the space and the new computers. Makes me kind of miss teaching...or maybe not.
thanks for the pics. I really am excited about coming to your new house...esp. with the "drum" room which I will be staying in and taking lessons from your lovely other in order to sharpen my skill or lack thereof. I really think you got a wonderful home! Can't wait to see how you decorate it!
I know that you guys are going to really make that house a home. I can't wait to come visit, but unfortunately it will probably be a while. I will make sure that it does not take two years though. The good thing about the drums Emma, is that nobody has to listen to you play except you. They are so nice and I can't wait until he gets everything that he needs so you can hear them.
Great to catch up. Having a hard time getting thru the web site because all the writing is Thai! Beautiful classroom. And I thought the metallic wallpaper was great! Reminded me a condo I once owned Love, Dad
I love the pictures and your classroom looks fantastic. I suppose Chad is headed to Lubbock (your NEW HOME) and I know you will be glad to be together as a family again.
hey I can't wait to come and see you all; It sounds like everything has gone so smooth and this was the right decision you all made. has chad heard anything about a job yet or is he doing the nursing thing?
your new house is nice.i cant wait to come see it.i also cant wait to have a home of my own that isnt in my girlfriends moms basement,
Post a Comment