Sunday, August 26, 2007

When a tag falls in the middle of the woods and no one is around to hear it, is it still a tag?

Well, I read Lisa's blog today and realized she tagged me about a week ago to do this random things about myself thing. She did tag nine people though, and you're only supposed to tag eight, so I think she might have seen how I thanked Erin for not tagging me and then added me to her list later. I'm not tagging anyone because all the people whose blogs I read have already been tagged, except for people whose blogs I read that don't know I read their blog, and that might just be kind of creepy.

1. When I am eating a sandwich, the bread ratio must be just right. Otherwise, I tear off all the bread to fit.

2. I eat one thing at a time on my plate and then spin my plate to the next thing. I eat the second best thing first, then the last best thing, then the best thing last. You're probably asking, "Are all these things going to be about eating?" Maybe.

3. Once, my sister vacuumed my hair with a Dirt Devil. Kids will be kids, only she was 18 when that happened. If my mom still has that Dirt Devil, you can probably still see my hair wrapped around the brush.

4. I played Shelby in "Steel Magnolias" in high school, and was very ill the second day of the performance. My friend Brandi (see post below) was rehearsing my lines when I walked in two hours before the show was supposed to start. I don't know if she's ever been more happy to see me, because she wasn't my understudy, she was just going to take over if she had to. I'll spare you the story about going to Chili's afterwards with Erin, Josh, and Brian Tate...let's just say I still hadn't gotten over whatever was ailing me.

5. I don't understand what "I'm not good with names" means exactly...I've always thought "I can't remember things" made more sense. That being said, I can't remember things.

6. I, like my sister, have only had one speeding ticket and that was my junior year in high school, going 40 in a 30. I was going so slow the cop got out of his car and waved me over. I've never been in a car wreck.

7. I am literally obsessed with people's names and how they are spelled. I have no idea why this is, but I think it's because I like words a lot, and names are words that come with so many underlying connotations and meanings.

8. I realized that I could sing alto in 3rd grade when my LTC chorus coach asked me to "harmonize" to "Jesus Loves Me," and I've sang the harmony pretty much ever since.

6 comments:

Shawn said...

I always knew you where weird.
Shawn, or is it Sean?

Shawn said...

You can't see the first post because of the really long title, so I posted again.

I always knew you where weird.
Shawn, or is it Sean?

emma said...

That was funny. I wish everyone had to post 8 quirky things about themselves. I think I could read those all day long. Hilarious!
Emma with an E

erin said...

There you go again, always bringing up old stuff. And I'm SURE I was 17 because it was my senior year in high school, and I didn't turn 18 until November of my freshman year of college. And Congratulations to Chad on the new job.

Denise said...

Erin always claims she was younger than she really was when she did something that might be considered, uh, mischievous. Like hunkering down in the pew at church and furtively removing the roses from the visitor cards and putting them on her eyelids. And then looking up at me sideways with her eyes closed.

Emily said...

I am still trying to come up with eight things about myself that will not put everyone to sleep while reading them since I have been tagged twice!