Wednesday, August 01, 2007
New update on the house
I know all these details are probably really boring for some of you to read but I know some of you like it so if you're not one of those people then you might want to check another blog, like someone who has kids and posts cute pictures. That ain't us. Anyway...to the point of this post. Things with the house are coming along rather nicely. After a counter-offer and a counter-counter-offer, the seller accepted and we are now officially under contract. Yipee! I have already made myself a list of the gazillion things I have to do in the next couple days, including dropping by my new school, moving my stuff into my new classroom and introducing myself to the fine gentleman and ladies who offered me this job. We've been so busy with house stuff that I haven't gotten a chance to do any of that yet. My official contract starts August 9th but the kids don't start back until August 27th, so I will still have a couple weeks to prepare which is why I haven't been worried about it. Okay, back to the house. In the contract we asked the seller if he could be out by August 13th so we could have a place to put our stuff and ourselves. We aren't closing until the 20th but he said okay and we will be leasing the house from him for a week. It worked out perfectly and now we don't have to find a place to store all our junk when Chad comes back from Arizona with all of it. So we will be official homeowners by the end of the month, Lord willing. He has definitely taken care of us so far! Tomorrow is the inspection and I am waiting on that to make sure there's nothing horribly wrong with the house and that it is not infested with termites. So for those of you who are interested in every little detail, stay tuned and I'm sure I'll blog soon about the inspection. This stuff is boring to people who have bought a bunch of homes but everything is interesting to me since we're first-time buyers. I can't wait for everyone to come visit! Bring your painting clothes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats guys!!!! im so happy for you!
Post a Comment