Friday, April 20, 2007

Dos tacos pescados por favor

Yep, that's right. I you can read the title, yesterday's meal was two fish tacos. Now, anyone who knows me in the least bit knows that I DO NOT like fish. But for the sake of vicarious living i HAD to eat. (what commitment). I went back to Hugo's...makers of the perfect burrito. MY fish tacos were piled high with seasoned fish, onions, queso blanco, and that wonderful tomatillo sauce, all on two heated corn tortillas. Muy autentico. The smell was VERY fishy. This made the first bite a hard one to take. A healthy squeeze of lime and away I went. Not too shabby. Very tasty in fact...aside from all the red colored grease that shot out the other end of the taco, which would have got me excited in any other circumstance, but the thought of fish grease turned me a little green. I persevered though, and ate both my fish tacos, savoring the flavor yet wanting to barf at the thought. One of these days I will break the mental block. Hope you enjoyed your authentic fish tacos Denise. By the way, my weigh in isn't until tomorrow, but I don't think I have lost any weight, and I haven't even run all week.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Fish tacos-YUCK. I don't think I could have done it for anything. But well done brother!

The Montandon's said...

Way to go Chad. The words fish and tacos don't even belong in the same sentence.

erin said...

OK, don't knock fish tacos till you've tried them -- and if you want some really good ones go to Z'Tejas in Austin. Way to go Chad! I'm proud of you!

emma said...

that just sounds nasty..esp. the liquid that seeped out the other end.

Denise said...

Chad, you don't have to eat stuff you don't like for my vicarious adventure. Fish tacos probably wouldn't have been my first choice, either, but as Erin pointed out, the ones at Z'Tejas in Austin are really good.

Keep up the good work!

davemaz said...

I've always thought that the fish they put in fish tacos is a little suspect. And if they're really smelly (like a can of mackerel cat food that's been out a few days), hmmmmmm. But I've tried 'em in quite a few places (my meal of preference at Z'Tejas and Hula Hut), and I applaud your in-tre-pid-i-ty. Besides, like other things,the fish and tortillas are ONLY a vehicle for the condiments. See ya in a couple of weeks.

Lesley said...

I have no comment about the fish tacos blog entry. Just thought I'd share.

davemaz said...

Chad, I am coming to terms with the power of vicarious writing. That means you can say things to people (using Denise's identity) that you would NEVER say to them as yourself. I think I'd better get back to work before I go too far with that.
Seeya next week! You'll be a college grad-yew-ate!