Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Anniversary

One year ago today, I started this blog. Although it has, at times, taken time away from other things I should be doing, I like to think that it has brought us all closer (albeit in a virtual way). Here's to another year of random pictures and mindless ramblings!

By the way, I noticed that nobody has commented on my blog with all the book names...not even mom! I'm thinking it's being overshadowed by all the pictures and flowery prose in Chad's blog entries. Get your own blog Chad.

4 comments:

The Montandon's said...

I like your blog Lesley. Chad, get your own blog.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

in honor of your one year blog I'll tell you what books I like
if they aren't on hear I have never heard of them or read them and didn't want to comment on them

THE LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R. Tolkien NOT MY FAVORITE
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
1984 by George Orwell classic but haven't heard wonderful things never read

THE GREAT GATSBY by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I like this one ok.

BRAVE NEW WORLD by Aldous Huxley - I didn't read but my roomate in college said it was OK but not great
THE CATCHER IN THE RYE by J.D. Salinger - I LOVE THIS BOOK BUT ITS DARK AND HAS SOME CHOICE LANGUAGE and A Separate Peace is better You need to read that its good
ANIMAL FARM by George Orwell - ok satire about political stuff I read as a sophomore in High School and didn't get it all but thought it was kind of funny

THE GRAPES OF WRATH by John Steinbeck. Not the best Steinbeck novel, but well-written nonetheless. - Agree with your statement - I prefer East of Eden and Of Mice and Men is good sad but good

GONE WITH THE WIND by Margaret Mitchell - MUST read but I love the South and I love the Civil War romance stories but one of my favorites and the movie is good
LORD OF THE FLIES by William Golding - I HATED this book

BELOVED by Toni Morrison - Its ok
I can't remember much I read it along time ago and apparently wasn't inspired

THE SOUND AND THE FURY by William Faulkner - I love Faulkner but a lot of people don't - He's different

ABSALOM, ABSALOM! by William Faulkner - same as above my favorite is As I Lay Dying though


HEART OF DARKNESS by Joseph Conrad - I hated this book too along with the movie which is called Apocalypse Now with Marlon Brando
THE SUN ALSO RISES by Ernest Hemingway - I like Hemingway too kind of like Faulkner but not really - this one I like its one of his first big novels about an american in Paris - I also like his A Farewell To Arms
THE CALL OF THE WILD by Jack London - good book

THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER by Tom Clancy - your kidding me right? I haven't read this but its funny its on this list; movie is good though
A FAREWELL TO ARMS by Ernest Hemingway - LIKE THIS BOOK

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Twain, Mark. This is a good book. Chad disagrees. I agree with you I love Twain

Agony and the Ecstasy Stone, Irving - I think this is a good book but I love Italy and Michaelangelo but I really like it
An American Tragedy Dreiser, Theodore - LONG and not that great

Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl Frank, Anne - GOOD

As I Lay Dying Faulkner, William - I LOVE IT
Awakening Chopin, Kate - somebody in my class just did a case study over this book and hated it
Bear Faulkner, William - haven't read but like faulkner so...
Canterbury Tales Chaucer, - HATED IT
Catcher in the Rye Salinger, J.D. - see above but like this book
Cat on Hot Tin Roof Williams, Tennessee - I like this play too

Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant Tyler, Anne - Haven't read but I know people that love her

Emma Austen, Jane - haven't read this but I like her other books
Glass Menagerie Williams, Tennessee - its ok I like Cat on Hot Tin Roof better

Grapes of Wrath Steinbeck, John
Great Expectations Dickens, Charles - I AM NOT a DICKENS fan
Great Gatsby Fitzgerald, F. Scott

Hamlet Shakespeare, William. One of Shakespeare's best. I like the tragedies better than the comedies. I like Hamlet too
Heart of Darkness Conrad, Joseph - AWFUL
Iliad Homer - HATED THIS
Jane Eyre Bronte, Charlotte - Never read but most of my friends like

Julius Caesar Shakespeare, William. Awesome play! We just finished it in my class again. Et tu, Brute? - I like this one too
Jungle Sinclair, Upton B. - HATED this book really gory and gross NEVER READ or you will never eat again
King Lear Shakespeare, William - I actually liked this one thought it was amuzingly funny

Les Miserables Hugo, Victor - pretty good better to see the musical though

Little Women Alcott, Louisa May - GOOD

Lord of the Flies Golding, William G. - NOT MY FAVORITE
Of Mice and Men Steinbeck, John - Good book but sad

Old Yeller Gipson, Fred - heard it is a good book but never read
Pride and Prejudice Austen, Jane - I love this book
Romeo and Juliet Shakespeare, William - Good probably my favorite
Scarlet Letter Hawthorne, Nathaniel - I didn't really like it but its a well written book

Separate Peace Knowles, John - ONE OF MY FAVORITES about friendship and live really like it
Song of Solomon Morrison, Toni - its ok
Sound and the Fury Faulkner, William
Streetcar Named Desire Williams, Tennessee - probably my favorite Tennessee Williams play STEEEELLLAAAA
Tom Sawyer Twain, Mark I like Twain
Trilogy of the Ring Tolkein, J.R.R. - just see the movies the books have too much history or something I couldn't get into them

Uncle Tom's Cabin Stowe, Harriet Beecher - all should read this
MacLennan, Hugh


By the way I can think of plenty of books that aren't on these lists that should be in my opinion!!!

emma said...

I'll drink to that! And by the way, I never saw that post on the books until today when you said something cause I do what you said. Just read from the top...I did go back and read it though :) I need to make a list of all the books I've read. It gets confusing which ones I've already read. Least favorite book ever: All the Kings Men. Was made to read it in HS and it was the only one I didn't finish. One of my very favorites is Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. It's for middle schoolers but it's still one of my favorite books in the entire world and my favorite genre to read---survival stories...esp. wilderness survival.

Emily said...

Hey Lesley, I commented about your book list. It just wasn't on the blog site. But I am at Emily's right now, that is why this comment is appearing on the blog.

barbara