Ezra is 2 years, 4 months old. His little personality just continues to develop. He says and does lots of funny, quirky things. One not so funny thing he's doing these days is this "growl voice." He does it a lot when he is not getting what he wants. For example, here is a daily dialogue in our house: "Want chocolate milk." "No Ezra, you can have regular milk right now." (Growly voice): "NO! Want chocolate milk!" And so on. Chad and I don't think it's cute or funny and there's not a whole lot we can do about it, except just not give in to him and not make a big deal out of it (because he knows it bothers us.) Today I mentioned it to his superkids teacher and she said she had not heard it. She also said that he does really well at school and that there are a few "vocal" kids in his class and he is not one of him. At school, apparently he is quiet, cooperative, and gets along well with others. I think this may be because he is one of the youngest in the class.
Ezra continues to talk more and more in complete sentences, and he is figuring out how to use "I need" and "I want," mostly not in context, so he'll say "I need a treat" or "I need to watch Little Einsteins." If he's not sure which to use, he'll say "I need want a treat." My favorite lately is when he is sitting in his high chair and something comes on TV that has music. Every once in a while he'll say "I need to dance," meaning he wants me to get him down from his high chair so he can bust a move. It is adorable, and I'm sure every father's dream to hear his son say he needs to dance. Haha!
One of the biggest milestones this month was moving Ezra to his new room and his big bed. He is in a double bed that is just a mattress on box springs right now. We bought some dinosaur sheets and a dinosaur pillow because he really likes dinosaurs right now. He knows t-rex, triceratops, and stegosaurus by name. The transition went very well and Ezra has had almost no problems going to sleep by himself in his bed. I think he thinks he's pretty cool and big. His naps have been shorter the past couple days but I think that is because his new room is brighter because it has more windows. So today we put up some blackout curtains so hopefully that will help. He wants us to lay in bed with him until he falls asleep, and tonight he said to me, "No, stay here." I am adamant not to start that habit, but I must admit it is very tempting to fall asleep every time I lay down to read him stories. I'm so tired these days.
Ezra's favorite word is "no." Normal, I know. He still wants to "do it self" when we get in the car and it's time to buckle his carseat. He says no even when the answer is obviously yes, just to say no. Speaking of, he still does not answer "yes." If his answer is yes to a question, he'll kind of just repeat the question. For example, if you were to ask Ezra if he likes dinosaurs, he would say "like dinosaurs." We're trying to get him to start saying "yes I do" instead of just repeating. He still has opinions about the clothes he wears, so I have started giving him two choices of shirts and two choices of pants every day, both equally fine with me. This has really helped with the clothing battle and makes our mornings so much easier.
I am all up to date on posting recent pictures, but I have some videos I need to upload, so watch for those in the next few days. Also, we are hoping that our home remodel is finished by the end of the week. I can't wait to post all the before and after pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the post. Can't wait to see you guys.
What a cutie
Great post - thanks for the insightful observations.
Post a Comment