Friday, November 18, 2011

Deck the halls

This afternoon I finally decided I had enough energy to decorate the house for Christmas. We've had this 4.5 foot tree since we first got married and I thought Ezra would have fun decorating "his" tree this year. Dumb me bought white-wire Christmas lights, and Dumber me thought that once I got them on the tree and plugged it in, you wouldn't be able to tell that much. It was pretty trashy looking, so once Ezra went down for his nap I re-did the lights with some green wired ones. Also, while decorating this tiny tree, I decided that it will be our only tree this year. I love our 7 foot tree, but the idea of having to take it down when I am 3ish weeks away from giving birth was not one that appealed to me. 
Ezra had a blast decorating. I showed him how to hang each of the ornaments, carefully separating the breakable ones from the non-breakable ones that he would put on the tree. He would run over to me and say "Nother one," get another ornament, and point to a branch and say "Goes right here." Incidentally, all the ornaments went on just two branches. I re-did that after he went to sleep too.

I may or may not have instructed Ezra to "sniff the light" to get this picture.
He loves letters these days and had fun pointing out the letters on the blocks. He also enjoyed the santa hat.
Deer in the Christmas lights. He is incredibly hard to photograph these days. Why won't you just SMILE NORMAL, child?
Love this one. He really did love the lights and ornaments.
"Goes right here."

Ezra's creation at the end. When all the ornaments were gone, Ezra said sadly, "I need more or-ments."
Close-up of the two branches with multiple ornaments


2 comments:

Denise said...

Great photos, Lesley.

davemaz said...

What fun! Loved the photo of him sniffing the lights. Your spirit is catching - I bought a Christmas candle and ordered a gift. Pretty good for pre-Thanksgiving, I thought!