Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weekend in Searcy -- 30 years old!

This past weekend we went to Searcy to spend a few days with Emily, Joey and kids. They were very gracious and let us stay in the big girls' room. That made 10 of us in their apartment, and it was great! Another bonus was that we got to see a lot of our CBH current and former staff and campers. Another bonus was that it was my 30th birthday on Saturday. I decided a couple months ago that I wanted to take a photography/photoshop class, and Taylor Jackson of Barefeet Photography was putting one on in Searcy that day. It was great and I learned a lot. I also got a new lens for my birthday, so I have had to fight the urge to just take pictures and play around in photoshop all day, since there are suitcases to unpack and laundry to be done. :) 

Anyway, I am going to start trying to be better about editing my pictures before I post them on the blog. I have started working on getting all the entries published in a book and I'd like for the pictures to be a little better quality. It will be a lot of experimenting so bear with me. 

Ezra loved playing in the leaves on Harding campus, and this is what we like to call the bulldozer pose.


 My sweet twin nieces June and Norah. They just turned ONE on November 1!
This is just a picture from this afternoon that captures our son. He is a fan of cars these days. Anything with wheels, really. He is constantly saying "I see cars." Also, just because I want to remember, he woke up from his nap today and the first words he said when I got him were "I'm Super Ezra." He got that from his buddy Trevyn. It was pretty cute, and then he pointed at me and said "Super Mama." And that just melted my heart. 
 This is for all my friends who graduated from Harding. It really is a beautiful campus. I told Chad that if our children decide not to go to A&M, even though I would be heartbroken, I would be okay with them going to harding. As long as they spent a semester in Greece or Italy and I could go visit them.
 Josey guiding Ezra across Harding's campus. All of Joey and Emily's girls were so great with Ezra. He had a blast. He would wake up from naps and say "ready to go play."
Sweet June. Apparently this is her newest face. June liked to be held and snuggled, and since she wasn't picky, I got to hold and snuggle her a lot. We're buds.
And her elder sister, Norah. :) Norah likes beans...and I'm sure some day she will love this picture.
Chad and Lucy. Somehow I didn't get a picture of Riley the whole weekend. Sorry Riley, I'll get one at Thanksgiving.

No comments: