We are back. The trip went great--as great as can be expected when traveling with a 2-month-old. We left as soon as Chad got off work on Friday morning. I drove, and Chad stayed in back to tend to Ezra's every need. Turns out he does pretty good when someone is back there with him all the time feeding him, putting him to sleep, sticking his pacifier in his mouth, etc. He actually slept a lot of the time there and almost the entire time home, except between Ft. Sumner and Clovis. I'll explain in a bit.

We didn't bring any toys to the cabin with us, but Ezra was quite enthralled watching a slideshow of pictures of himself on the laptop. This is how Chad kept him entertained both mornings when the boys woke up earlier than I did.

We took a couple hikes while we were there, just down the Blue Canyon, Rippling Falls trail, etc. It was chilly while we were there, and I thought Ezra looked so cute in his little fleece outfit. I will really miss the days when I can't decide what my child wears.

Family picture with self-timer--this was the best one we could get where Ezra wasn't completely covering his face. (I woke him up for this picture. Bad mom.)

We looooove fall in the mountains.

This was the first trip to try out the Ergo carrier. Ezra hated being put in it--once again the claustrophobia thing I guess. But once he realized he wasn't getting out, he stopped putting up a fight and fell asleep quickly.

Hiking down Blue Canyon Road



View of the cabin and the new deck railing that Chad, Talin and David built a few weeks ago


When we first got to the cabin it was COLD inside...glad we brought those heavy-duty space heaters that kept us comfortable the rest of the weekend. I bundled Ezra up and he was all too happy to take a nap in his pack-n-play after being in his carseat for 6 hours.

And what would a trip through Ft. Sumner, NM, be if you didn't stop at the Billy the Kid Museum? Don't answer that. Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to let Ezra out of the carseat for a little bit to give his bottom a break. In hindsight, I wish we had just kept going. He was fussy for the next hour and a half.

Not the best picture of our little one, but funny nonetheless.

So, overall the trip went well. It took us an extra hour either way just for stops and to get Ezra out of his carseat, change his diapers, etc. He did well at the cabin except he woke up more often, and so did we since we were all sleeping in the same room. I think he had a bit of a time adjusting to the altitude. He was a little bit fussier than usual all weekend...I'm sure from lack of sleep during the night and with the car rides. Last night we got home about 9:00 and I brought Ezra in his room, changed his diaper, and laid him in his crib and he went to sleep immediately--it's like he knew he was back home in his own room. And now I'm awake blogging after his one and only feeding of the night--he slept for a 7 hour stretch. Tired boy. Anyway, we are glad we got to go up there one last time before next season, and we are glad to be home. One thing this trip taught me is that I am so glad I will not have a tiny baby at camp next year.
Weekly weigh-in later today. I don't have such a good feeling about this one.
2 comments:
What a great trip for you guys!! I am so glad the drive wasn't miserable. And I have gone through Ft. Sumner many times and yes I have been in the Billy the Kid Museum.
I'm glad to see that the red and white granny square afghan that I made so many years ago is being put to god use.
Post a Comment