
Ezra was 11 weeks old yesterday. Time is flying by! Everytime I think I am really getting to know my baby, he throws me for a loop. Take yesterday for example. Lately, he has been wanting to go to sleep around 6:30 and will sleep for 5 or 6 hours before he wakes up. Yesterday he took a little catnap at around 5, then woke up. Chad and I decided to go to dinner at Roadhouse, so we fed Ezra right before we left and he was fussy to say the least. I almost suggested that we stay home, but Chad was adamant about getting me out of the house. So we went. As soon as I put Ezra in his carseat, he stopped crying. We drove to Roadhouse and waited about 10 minutes. He just stared at us the entire time through dinner. I really thought he would either fall asleep from tiredness and the loud roar in there, or fall apart--most likely the second one. He did great! As soon as we came home, he started crying, but who could blame him since it was after 8:00 at this point. He is still waking up about twice a night to eat, and last night it was at 11 and 4. And speaking of eating, he decided to go on a nursing strike the past couple days. He was just getting too impatient and was too hungry, so we just gave him bottles and I started to think that we were done with the nursing thing. Well, it seems like we are back as we were because he has nursed fine all day today. I really think he was going through a growth spurt because he was super fussy too, and today he is super happy. That little unpredictable kid.
I think the best lesson I have learned in the past 2 1/2 months is that everything changes constantly with a new baby. Now I have learned to tell myself "It's just a phase," and not get so down if something isn't going the way we would like for it to. Another thing I have learned is that the minute he yawns or his eyes start looking sleepy, put him down for a nap. This is usually around 55 minutes after he wakes up from his last nap. If I wait too long, he wakes up constantly or is awake after 45 minutes, then of course he is sleepy and cranky. If I put him down at the right time, he sleeps for 1.5-2 hours, and then of course he is hungrier when he wakes up so he eats better, and the cycle continues. The third lesson I have learned is to never, ever tell anyone with a newborn to enjoy every minute. Having a newborn is hard, and I would say that we even have a pretty easygoing baby. And even with a baby like Ezra, not every single minute is enjoyable. The vast majority of the time, yes, but all the time, no. I'm just sayin'.
2 comments:
well said, I couldn't have put it any better. :)
Love the pictures - what a cute baby! And the business about daily change goes on for a loooong time.
Post a Comment