Tuesday, October 20, 2009

12 weeks

Ezra is 12 weeks old today! I can't believe my baby is about to be 3 months old. I was uploading some pictures from our old camera today and he was sooo tiny when he was born.

At 12 weeks, Ezra:
-Still wakes up 1-2 times a night, meaning when I am already asleep. We put him down for bed around 7-8, and he usually wakes up once to eat before we go to sleep. Last night he woke up only at 1:30, and then again at 7. It's different every night. Oh, how I am ready for him to start sleeping through the night.
-Currently enjoys the ease of getting his food from a bottle rather than me. He will get very impatient and upset if you don't give him the food NOW if he is really hungry. We have had lots of talks about patience, which I am sure are getting completely through to him. :) We have our up days and our down days, and we're still working on this.
-Is still swaddled for naps and nighttime, but we have decided to drop the swaddle soon, since he is now strong enough to wriggle out of it at least a couple times a night, which wakes him up and that is the exact opposite of the point of swaddling a baby. He doesn't have super control over his hands yet though, so I'd like for him to stop hitting himself in the face before we get rid of the swaddle completely. If anyone has any suggestions for how to stop swaddling a baby and still getting them to sleep, I'd love to hear them.
-Smiles and talks when you talk to him. He has also started talking to his very hungry caterpillar toy that hangs from his carseat when we are on car rides. Chad and I much prefer this to the crying, which he doesn't really do anymore. Yay for phases passing!
-Speaking of hands...he is enamored with his. I took this picture because this is how I find him a lot of the day when he is playing...holding his fists up close to his face and just watching his hands.

We love our baby boy and can't believe he's already been with us a quarter of a year. I mean, this time last year I wasn't even pregnant yet. I remember thinking when I found out I was pregnant, "This time next year I will have a 3 month old!" Time flies.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

We moved Cy into a sleep sack when he started wiggling out of his swaddle blanket...it works well for us. We'll miss you guys this weekend...enjoy the time with your family!

davemaz said...

Great pictures - keep 'em coming.