Is this the same baby I was just talking about in my last post? I took the picture below around 7:15 this evening, after we came home from our small group. Ezra was being quite fussy at small group because it was his bedtime and his tummy was hurting. So I decided it was time to leave, and put him in his seat, thinking it was going to be a long 15 minutes home. Well, I put him in his seat, we got in the car, and he didn't make a peep. I looked at him in the little mirror we have in front of his seat, and he had dozed off. WHAT?! When we got home, I went to get my camera, he was awake, and he even gave me some smiles! Maybe I should back up...this morning before Bible class a few of us were brainstorming what else I could do to help this situation. One of my friends suggested I take off the little newborn head rest thing that goes around his head. I had thought of that, but thought he still needed it so his head wouldn't flop around. But I tried it. Then I realized, the kid can pretty much hold his head up, so no, it was not flopping all over the place, and apparently he didn't like that cushiony semi-circle around his head. Claustrophobic maybe? Couldn't see the world around him enough? You guys actually did pray for me? I don't know, but I'm just hoping that was the problem and that it's fixed and not another fluke. This might also be why he took a 3-hour nap this afternoon when I didn't swaddle him up, as opposed to his usual 1 to 1 1/2 hour nap that he takes when he's swaddled up. It never ceases to amaze me how babies develop opinions and preferences so early in their lives.
This next picture is for Paul and Carolyn. Ezra wore his John Deere boots for the first time tonight, and he got so many compliments on them! He did look pretty cute if I do say so myself.
That's all for now.
2 comments:
He's so cute I can't stand it. Our little claustrophobic Ezra.
Looks like he's really having a good time in the carseat. May be a turning point?
Post a Comment