Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Update and 5 weeks

Well, a few of you have asked if Ezra is feeling better and the answer is yes. Thanks for asking...in fact, after his little fussy spell last night, he went to sleep a little after midnight and slept until 5:40 this morning, which means I did too! Yahoo! He is back to being his happy self today and is doing well with eating--none of this eating for two seconds and then crying business. So, I am going to attribute it to just being fussy. Although, we still think he had a bit of a fever. He is a hot-natured baby, so we are trying not to bundle him up all the time just because he is a newborn. Surprisingly I haven't gotten too many comments from the little old ladies at church telling me to put some socks on my baby.

Also, Ezra is 5 weeks old today. I'll try to take pictures, but I just took those other ones yesterday, so you get the point. He's asleep right now, hence, the blog entry. I got to spend my morning running errands, shopping for some cute new fall clothes (for him, of course), and picking up his birth certificate at the Lubbock Health Department--quite the place. I am so thankful for my husband who is so willing to spend time taking care of his baby so I could go out alone. They had some good "boy time."

P.S. I know there are a lot of my friends who read this that are new moms as well, and I wanted to pass along that our pediatrician said NOT to give him Tylenol, because a fever is most often the first indicator that something is wrong. So FYI, if your baby has a fever, don't automatically give him Tylenol.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Ugh...I haven't even picked up Cy's birth certificate yet- because I am dreading going downtown so. I've been asked where Cy's shoes are a couple of times at church...what does he need shoes for, I ask you?!? He's a hot body as well, but my grandmothers insist on wrapping him up each time they're around :)

Amy said...

My grandma still tells me to "put some socks on that babies feet!"

Chrissy Cross said...

I haven't gotten any of my kids birth certificates....and I don't put socks on my kids feet either, whenever my kids got too warm, they got a stuff nose and were fussy, so I learned my lesson.