Ezra is two months old today. It doesn't feel like it's been two months since we brought him home from the hospital--it really does seem like the time has flown by. Although, in those first few weeks when he was waking up every two hours day and night to eat, I wondered how I was going to make it through with such little sleep. I guess that is what God gives us adrenaline for. Here are a few things about our baby boy that mark his two month birthday:
-He is pushing up really well when he's on his stomach and has very strong legs and neck muscles. He is almost ready to hold his neck up on his own.
-He has been sleeping in his own crib for about a month now. He seems to sleep best when he is in a dark room, swaddled up, with some white noise. Most of the time we lay him down awake and he is so tired that he sacks out. It is getting harder and harder to put him to sleep when we are at church or out at all really because he is too interested in what is going on, so Wednesday nights are especially hard when he would like to be at home asleep for the night. We are working on getting him to be a little bit more flexible. :)
-He loves to play in his swing and on his play mat. He is starting to enjoy the bumbo more.
-He has discovered how to bat at things with his hands and becomes pretty amused when he actually hits his target. He has also discovered his hands and loves to stick them in his mouth.
-He smiles with his whole face...his eyes squint up, he cocks his head back, and his mouth is wide open. It is the cutest thing.
-He loves to talk to anyone who will listen, or better yet, talk to him in return. He has discovered how to fake cough.
-He loooooooves Chad. Chad can usually calm him down when I can't. I love watching them play together and watching how Ezra looks at his daddy.
-He is getting better and better at sleeping at night, not waking up so much, and not eating so often. This makes me extremely happy. I thought I was going to go crazy for a while there. Maybe he picked up on that and didn't want a crazy mom.
The past couple of days have really been a turning point for Ezra. It's like has turned into a baby and not a newborn anymore, if that makes sense. Anyway, we are enjoying it, and I love the interaction we have now that he is becoming more aware of things. We just love having Ezra in our lives and know that he will continue to be such a special part of our little family.
**There will be more pictures on my facebook page later today, for those of you who are friends with me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment