Wednesday, September 16, 2009

7 weeks



Well, it's actually 7 weeks and one day, but close enough. Ezra is getting so big. He is smiling and talking in his own little language nonstop, and he is just a joy to have around. I've gotten to the point where every time I pick him up I think, "Man, he is heavy!" He was such a little thing when he was born. He is still eating every 2 to 2 1/2 hours during the day and a little longer at night. He goes down awake without fussing 90% of the time--such a blessing. He is pretty predictable during the day, which is nice for me. There were a couple nights where I put him down at 9, he woke up again at 1 and then at 5 and then for the day at around 8, but for the past couple nights he's been up 3 or 4 times. I am thinking he is going through a growth spurt because he's waking up early from his naps too. I realize that soon enough he'll be sleeping in longer spurts at night, so I'm just waiting it out. Oh yeah, he has also starting doing this thing where he sticks out his tongue a bunch and it's really cute. I'll try to get it on video, but he seems to be aware of the camera and never performs for it. I'm sure you other moms can relate. Basically, he is a very happy baby as long as you keep him fed, let him sleep in his own bed in a dark room (we moved him to his room a few weeks ago), and change his many dirty diapers. We love him so much!

3 comments:

emma said...

I simply can not believe how fast he is changing! I am in shock every time you post! Have lots of fun and hope he starts sleeping more at night!

Emily said...

I love the first picture. Adorable. I am so glad that things are going well. I can't wait to hold him again.

Chrissy Cross said...

Precious boy!