Things are starting to feel more "normal" around here as we have become a family of three. Here are some pictures we've taken over the past couple days since we've been home...

There's nothing like a nap on dad's chest.

Stop taking my picture. (This is also what he was doing during our 3-D ultrasound)

I had to get out of the house yesterday, so we went on our first walk around the neighborhood. Ezra was super impressed the whole time.

The hat doesn't quite fit, but he'll grow into it. Start 'em young is what I say.

Paul and Carolyn have been here since Thursday helping us around the house and giving Ezra plenty of attention. I think Paul has held Ezra the entire time they've been over here...and Ezra's not complaining! (sorry about the blurriness...drives me crazy!)

Thanks for the swing, Erin. We are already putting it to good use.

This is how Ezra sleeps at night. Chad swaddles him in regular receiving blankets, but I'm not so great at that yet, but we have this blanket type contraption that has something like wings on it that you just wrap around and attach with velcro tabs. It works really well and puts him right to sleep.

The night we came home, Ezra got his first "bath," which was really a wet soapy washcloth. He looked so cute in his little towel. And he actually opened his eyes!

As far as our schedule goes, right now Ezra sleeps a lot as newborn babies tend to do, and he eats about every two hours. We go to bed right after he eats at around 1:00, then he wakes up twice at night to eat again. He goes back to sleep right after he eats, so I am able to get about 2 hours of sleep at a time. I am not nearly as sleep deprived as I thought I would be at first, and I am sure that is a combination of adrenaline, euphoria, and the constant help we have had. Check back with me in a few weeks when the family goes home, Chad goes back to work, and I'm on my own. Have a great weekend everyone! Tomorrow we make our first outing with Ezra...to church of course!
6 comments:
Thanks for the update!
I'm so glad you all are doing well!! He is precious and I can't wait to see him in person. Congrats you guys!
He is SO CUTE!!! Josh and I were glad to see him with his eyes open. It's good he likes the swing. You're very welcome.
i love the constant look of concern he has on his face. My sister's youngest had that expression from day one until about 6 months of age. He just really didn't know what to think of, well, anything!
Try again. We had a wonderful time. We do miss getting sugar every few minutes.
Post a Comment