Wednesday, June 24, 2009

36 weeks

Well, here I am...exactly one month from today is my due date. So there probably won't be many more pregnant Lesley pictures, and I am okay with that, because it means the baby will be here soon! I know a lot of people who, toward the end of their pregnancy, stop taking pictures because they look puffy and chubby and feel heavy etc. etc. But I'm all about taking pictures of me when I'm puffy and chubby and heavy, because after I've lost the pregnancy weight I can look back and see how far I've come! I even went swimming today with my friends Tiffany and Amanda. It felt great to be in the water and not have to hold up the baby and my stomach.

People keep asking me if I am so ready for this baby to be born. I'm not really sure what they mean exactly when they ask that. I guess the question either means do I have some diapers and a carseat, or am I completely miserable. I am always pretty vague when I answer that question. I am excited, yes, and I think we pretty much have everything we need, but I am not necessarily impatient for him to get here just yet. For one, I am still enjoying sleep (and please, PLEASE refrain from any "enjoy it while you can!" comments.). Two, I am not to the point where I am physically miserable. I guess at some point it's inevitable that I will be, but right now I'm okay, thanks to air conditioning and not having to be on my feet all day.

Beginning Friday, I will start going to my dr. weekly. He said he would induce, if I wanted to, as early as 38 weeks, which is only two weeks away. I've elected to go into labor on my own, unless I hit 41 weeks, at which point my doctor will induce. So stay tuned, things are about to get a lot more exciting around here!

3 comments:

emma said...

I can't wait to see you in a few days!!!! I'm so excited!!! :)

Denise said...

Good picture. Lesley. You look great.

Unknown said...

Hi Lesley! How exciting and what a wonderful time for you and Chad. I haven't talked to you for awhile but have been keeping up through your dad and the blogs. You look great and can't wait to look at the pictures of baby.
It's so nice for your generation to have the internet, blogs, digital cameras and all to keep and share your memories.
Take care,
Aunt Kristy and Uncle Mark