Thursday, June 18, 2009

The past week

We've done a lot of traveling in the past week. First, Chad and I drove to the cabin on Friday to get everything a little more organized and for Chad to do some painting. Friday and Saturday we spent the days working, and Sunday we mostly just relaxed. It worked out perfectly--it rained almost the entire day Sunday, so it was the perfect weather for reading and napping. Chad used the leftover paint that we painted our house with back in December to paint the bedroom. I discovered that this specific type of paint gave me pretty bad nausea, because when Chad painted our house I was in my first trimester. I couldn't go into this room without holding my breath the entire weekend.
So we slept in the living room on the sleeper sofa. I know this picture was taken Sunday because Chad is resting. He was a workhorse all day Friday and Saturday. He painted while I went into town and made a BTU and Wal-Mart run.
This is supposed to be the "before" picture. I never did get around to taking an "after." We were in a hurry to leave Monday morning because I had to catch a plane from Lubbock to Dallas, where I would be spending a couple days with mom, Erin & the fam in Weatherford.
Chad primed the upstairs and hallway and painted the bedroom. Everything else still needs to be done.
So after our wonderful weekend in the mountains, it was back to hot Texas. I was only at mom's for a couple days, but the highlight of the trip was going out to the land where they were breaking ground on mom's new house that she's building.

This cow kept running back and forth and mooing. I think the kids will have a lot of fun out here at granny's place.
Here is a view from mom's side of the road to grandmother and granddad's house that they built in the early '60s. They lived here until 1999 when they moved in to town so they could be closer to doctors, not have to take care of all that space, etc. I have so many good memories out here of being with my grandparents, so I am extremely excited that my kids will get to have some of the same memories when they come to visit granny. The builder is estimating that mom's house will be done in 4 months, which makes it even more exciting!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So fun! I am glad you/Chad got so much done. We need a belly shot and a garden update. I bet they are both growing :)