Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Chad!

For my favorite father-to-be on his first Father's Day...




The day Chad found out he was going to be a dad...
It's a boy!One of the things that has made me the most excited about having a baby is thinking about Chad being a dad. There are so many things I love about my sweet husband, and it makes me almost cry to think about how awesome of a dad he's going to be. On a daily basis, he does things to help me without even being asked--whether it's chores around the house, running errands, whatever. In fact, a lot of times around the house, Chad will take care of a chore before I even notice that it needs to be done. So I know that when our son is born, Chad will want to be a part of taking care of our baby's needs and will want to be as involved as possible and spend as much time with us as possible. He is so compassionate and has such a servant heart--I can't wait to see him hold our tiny baby boy for the first time. His 7 nieces and nephew loooove Uncle Chad because he is so fun, so I know our little boy is going to have fun with his dad too. Something that is so important to me is Chad's love for God. I can't wait to see our son "catch" this thirst for God's word that his dad has. I know Chad will be an awesome spiritual leader and example for our family, which is more important to me than all of his other qualities combined. Although, I think Chad does have so many of those other qualities because he loves the Lord.

Also, it doesn't hurt that I've got a live-in ICU nurse raising this child with me. Whew!

These last few weeks of pregnancy are so strange...I can't wait to meet our son and see WHO in the WORLD has been in my belly for the past 9 months. It feels like I know so little about him, except for his jerky, uncoordinated movements. At the same time, I am trying to cherish these last few weeks where it's just Chad and me, before being a family of three is our way of life. Either way, I can't stop thanking God for what he has blessed me with.
I love this guy.

Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

davemaz said...

Great blog - and a really good position description.

Emily said...

That Chad is pretty special to lots of folks. Yes, he will be an amazing dad.

Shawn said...

Not only will Chad be a great dad, you will be an amazing mom! No doubt ya'll will make a great team.

The Montandon's said...

I can't wait until you both become wonderful parents so we can be Mamaw and Papaw for the 9th time.
The more there are to spoil, the better it is.