Friday, February 06, 2009

The latest news

Chad has been working on a regular basis and got his first full-time paycheck this week! He is enjoying his job, too. Yay!

I am now 16 weeks along and have a Dr. appointment on Monday. Unfortunately this is not the one with a sonogram where we get to find out what the baby's sex is. Have to wait until March for that! You guys wanna start making guesses and voting on names?

I have a UIL tournament tomorrow at my school. This totally stressed me out last year, but this year I cannot afford to stress out about UIL.

We are selling our green Civic. It makes me kind of sad. I drove that car for two years in high school, all through college, and for our first 5 years of marriage. I am sure I'm not the only one who gets sentimental about getting rid of old cars, right? But the good news is we got a new car, a 2008 Camry from mom, that will fit all the baby stuff a lot better than our little Civics! I am hoping we sell it this weekend. We posted it yesterday and have already gotten 4 bites. We'll see.

Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

davemaz said...

Hey, I'm sad you're selling yours! Trying to teach you a standard shift was a trip. I think I could actually do a much better job of it now.

erin said...

For what it's worth, I've had a couple of dreams that you're having a boy.

Lesley said...

I have had two dreams. One was that I gave myself a C-section because I couldn't wait any longer, and it was a boy. Then, I had a dream last night that at my sonogram they told me I was having a girl. Who knows.

emma said...

If you haven't already taken you mom's car yet,(and I know nothing about cars so I don't know how big it is) you should make sure a carseat fits COMFORTABLY in the back...we found out the really hard way that we should have checked and rechecked and really looked at the space between the back and front seat before getting a car! And P.S. that C section dream is HILARIOUS! I'm thinking girl and I love the name Sadie or Loralee or Loralie(weird I know).

Lesley said...

We have already taken it...but I am pretty sure a carseat will fit. Erin & Josh have a Camry that fits carseats in the back, and I think the newer models are even bigger (I still feel like I'm driving a boat).

Denise said...

I feel like I'm driving a go kart. But I got 32 mpg on my first tank of gas, so I'll just keep bouncing along.

Amy said...

Your dreams are hilarious!!! March will come before you know it!