Today is a good day. I ate a delicious breakfast of blueberry waffles, strawberries, and mixed berry yogurt (shout-out to all the "Office" fans out there!). I'll spend the rest of my day doing taxes which hopefully won't take that long, grading a few papers, shopping for Chad's Valentine's gift, and making the house look presentable. I don't think it will be as bad as it sounds. "Doing taxes" just means filling out a few blanks and sending it to the accountant, who actually files the taxes. Totally worth the money.
It was a good week at school. I have another yearbook deadline coming up, which will be number four, and Thursday was the day that my kids had to have everything on their pages finished. So we're having a party on Monday to celebrate completing deadline 4 and Jan/Feb birthdays, and I threatened them that if they didn't have everything on their pages done, they would get no food. They would just have to sit in the lab and work while everyone else was having a grand old time at the party. So guess what? They all (well most of them) finished! Yay! Only one more deadline to go after this.
Yesterday I found out from our UIL coordinator that there is no more money to travel. So we might be missing the last two practice meets before district, and who knows what we are going to do about traveling to district. This is a positive thing from the "I don't want to travel for UIL anymore on the weekends" standpoint, but a negative thing in that the kids need practice to do well at the actual district and regional meets. I have kids that could go to state this year if they practice enough.
I got my Valentine's day present from Chad early. I got exactly what I wanted!
It is a supersoft robe from Gap Body. It is soooooo soft. It's really lightweight and comfortable and I will use it every day of the year. I have learned (and Chad has learned), over the years, that for the most part, I like to know ahead of time what my gifts are going to be. So Chad always asks now what I would like. This year, I knew exactly what I wanted. I already have the pants in this material, and I'm telling you, there is nothing more comfortable. After I got the robe I told Chad that pretty much anything from Gap Body made out of this material is the perfect gift.
So you're probably wondering what I am getting for Chad. Well, I am still on the hunt. I know what I am going to get him, which is a blender, which totally reminds me of "Father of the Bride" when the fiance gets the girl the blender and she freaks out. I know it's not the most romantic Valentine's gift in the world, but Chad makes smoothies. A lot. And he makes them out of frozen fruit, which is really hard to blend if you don't have a good blender. So half the time he's making smoothies, he's yelling at the blender for being sub-par. So that's what I am getting him. There is a certain blender that I'm looking for, but I have yet to find it in town (after going to two whole stores), so I might just have to order it from Amazon and stick the print-out in his card. Lame, I know. Anyway, I'm betting money on the fact that he won't be reading this blog at work today, so he will still be surprised.
Have a great weekend everyone!
1 comment:
I didn't get the "Office" joke. I guess I missed that episode.
However, the mental picture of Chad yelling at the blender gave me a laugh.
We should be going up to Weatherford in the next few weeks. Maybe you can come down then? I'll let you know when I know.
Post a Comment