It seems like only yesterday that I was telling you about my stupidity in leaving my car in neutral with the door open and allowing it to smash the glass of one of the panes in our garage door. But, it was actually three days ago (I know! Time flies!) so you might want to scroll down and read that entry in case you missed it. Anyway, today was the day to fix the garage door window, and we decided to do it ourselves. Chad went to our lovely nearest big box home improvement store, bought a $10 piece of plexiglass, came home, cut it down to size, and installed it himself. The guy is pretty handy and pretty smart. I had gone a few days before and asked the people at the same store if they cut glass, thinking we could buy ourselves a piece of glass. When they said no, I gave up, and resigned myself to the fact that we would be paying almost $100 for something I didn't even care about, and left. Anyway, Chad asked me if I looked for a piece of glass or plexiglass that would fit while I was there. No, didn't even think about it. Plus, what are the odds that they would actually have a piece of glass in the exact size we needed, since they wouldn't cut it for us? Slim to none. But I didn't think about plexiglass. Anyway, it's all fixed. So I'm glad I didn't freak out about it or anything like that. Because nobody likes a freaker outer. Turns out it wasn't a big deal at all. The only downside is that now we have to clean the other windows on the garage doors because they are all a lot dirtier than the new, clean one.
Today was pretty uneventful. We slept late, I went running, we did some work around the house and in the yard, I made ooey gooey chocolate marble cake, which Chad asked if any more adjectives could possibly be put into the title of that recipe, and then we brainstormed and decided yes, there were plenty, and we got two DVDs of "The Office" from Netflix today, so I am pretty sure about what our plans are for the evening.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OK - I admit, I woulda thought it. I've broken standard sized glass before, and found it to be available fairly easily. The other place I've found it (yep, done it more than one) was from a picture framing store. They cut glass all the time (yes, you can get clear). Have fun, guys. . .
I love The Office...we bought season 2 so if you haven't seen some of it, I'll bring it to camp...unless that would be unethical? Way to fix the window for cheap Chad!!!
You used Plexiglass??!! That's just like the time when...
Mom, I KNOW! That's exactly what I was thinking!
Emma, thanks, but you don't need to bring it. We are already on disc 3 of season 3...which is sad because that means it's almost over. But one time Chad did get in trouble in the Vance Crowe days for having a non-PG movie up at camp, but I think Vance was more upset that all the counselors snuck out in the middle of the night to Chad's cabin to watch it. He ALWAYS knew about EVERYTHING!
Just kidding. I really don't have any stories about Plexiglass.
I know. I was kidding too.
Post a Comment