Hey guys, thanks for the recent comments. It makes me feel better knowing that some people are still reading the blog and looking at the pictures I'm posting. I'm trying to do this in chronological order, so let me start with yesterday. As I mentioned in the last post, we went snorkeling. We went out on this boat with a guide company, and it was totally worth it. There's nothing like seeing the shoreline from a little boat off-shore, and then having that little boat take you to, in their opinion, the best places to snorkel on the island. We had a lot of fun snorkeling yesterday, but I am actually kind of sore today. I don't think I'm supposed to be. Sad. Notice in this first one how I strategically cropped it to get lots of the shoreline and none of us in our swimsuits. This was at our first snorkeling stop, right before we got in the water. Erin, I was thinking about using this dorky tourist picture for our new profile picture for the blog. What do you think?

Can you even tell what this is? And why is my typing blue and underlined? I did not authorize that. Anyway, it's a sea turtle! It was right by our boat and so cute. These are the results of a sea turtle picture taken with an underwater digital camera. Sorry, I tried. And sorry about the underlining. That's really annoying but I can't figure out how to change it.
I think this was the best shot of fish I got from underwater. This was at the second snorkeling stop. It was so beautiful.
Another cool thing that this excursion company did was take us by a bunch of lava tubes and caves. In the middle of the photo there is an opening in the rock that the water was sloshing through. On this day the water looked so fake blue it was hard to believe. 
Day 4: Here's Chad looking cool by the convertible. Whew, my writing is normal again. Today we drove about halfway around the island to a city called Hilo. Along the way we stopped by a couple waterfalls and on the north part of the island are these beautiful rolling green pastures in what is known as the Kohala area, with a little town called Waimea. The picture below was at a scenic stop on the side of the highway.


This is the first waterfall we stopped at, called Akaka Falls. I was wearing my A&M shirt today and on the way to the falls a guy said "howdy" to me. Also, there were three other people on the plane from LA to Hawaii with A&M shirts on. Small world.

In front of Akaka Falls.

After Akaka Falls, we stopped at this little roadside farm. They were selling coconuts, beets, lychees (never had those before, but they were yummy), tomatoes (yes we bought some and yes we ate them tonight because they were organic and grown in Hawaii), and papayas.

Being a dorky tourist again. The lady at the farm said they had just put this thing up and I was the first person she had seen use it.

Paul and Chad are chowing down on the coconut the guy cracked open for us. It wasn't my favorite, but if I was starving I wouldn't turn it down.

Okay, the next stop was Rainbow falls. Check out this tree. That is Paul standing at the base of it.

Just like my grandmother always said, it's real dangerous.

Rainbow Falls. Ironically, there was no rainbow at these falls, but there was one at Akaka Falls. I guess we were just at those at the right time of day.

Chad took this photo on our other camera on the first full day we were here. Tomorrow (day 5) is our helicopter ride, so look for pictures from that in the next couple days. Thanks again for looking at our pictures.
4 comments:
Love the pictures....I'm jealous of course but so glad I'm getting to live it vicariously through you! :) Can't wait to see you.
Dear Aunt Lesley,
We love looking at the pictures, but we didn't recognize you in the hat. The sea turtle was really cool.
Love, Kellen and Bonnie
More gorgeous pictures - Erin has a point about your pose with the facemask and snorkel. Wouldn't scuba be fun? Love, Dad
Well, I got a little scared of the 100-foot drop-off next to the bay where we were snorkeling, so I think scuba is probably out.
Post a Comment