Today was the last day for teachers at my school. Next week I have to work some because my contract is a little bit longer than a regular teacher's contract, but I don't mind because it will give me a chance to tie up some loose ends to get things done. After the brunch this morning, we cleaned out my classroom and it took about 4 hours. There was a lot of stuff in there and the custodians started giving me dirty looks after they had come by about 3 times to pick up the trash I kept leaving outside the door. Oh well, it will be nice and clean and organized when we come back from summer break.
The brunch this morning was kind of a bummer. At the end of the whole thing my principal announced that he was leaving and moving to a position at the district office. I am pretty bummed. He is a great guy and an awesome boss, and I have no idea who will be replacing him. This will be my 4th principal in 4 years of teaching, and those of you who teach know how important it is to have a good principal that supports the teachers. Anyway, kind of a stinky way to end the year, but I should have known since I haven't worked a year yet without the principal announcing they were leaving. Anyway, enough gushing over my boss. I am happy for him if he is receiving a promotion and this is a job he wanted. I'm just sad for the rest of us. :(
I hope everyone has a good weekend. I know I will enjoy mine, knowing that I don't have to teach next week. Now, what should I make for dinner? I am running out of ideas. If anyone has any good, simple dinner recipes, please post them here. Preferably ones that include chicken, ground beef, bacon or pasta because those are the things I know I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment