My weekend was fantastic. The house was already clean, I didn't have to travel, and the weather was perfect. So basically, I did nothing. Chad and I went to bed early Friday night (since Chad has started having to be at work at 6:45 a.m., we actually get tired at the same time) and I got to sleep in on Saturday morning. I ran a couple errands Saturday morning, went running, and then went to a little party for a friend who graduated with her Ph.D. on Friday. When people your age start getting PhDs you start to feel a little behind on your life checklist, but since I probably won't ever get a PhD I guess I better get used to that. Anyway, the day was fun. It was just so nice to have a weekend where there was so much downtime, especially after the week that had just happened. Now, we are really counting down the days until school is out...only 12 days after today!
I just remembered something else that made my weekend so great...the new Social Security top names of 2007 came out! I've only (?) spent about 20 minutes looking at it so far, but I'm sure that won't be the last 20 minutes I spend. What is so completely fascinating to me about seeing what people name their babies? I don't know, but I'm not alone. There are thousands of other name geeks out there. I love looking up a name and seeing how it has increased or decreased in popularity over the years. I mean, don't you think it's crazy that Hannah Montana's real name, Miley (which isn't even her real name, but I digress...), wasn't even in the top 1000 until 2007, when it was #278? Such a statement about our culture. I don't know exactly what the statement is, but anyway it HAS to say SOMETHING about us and how we choose names for our kiddos. See http://www.babynamewizard.com/blog for more about the fastest risers of 2007, and I think soon she'll be posting about those names that are dropping hugely in popularity.
Thanks for reading and being interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Speaking of names, did we ever get a middle name for our expected granddaughter / niece? I kinda thought Alyssa or something like that would be pretty. I can assure you I wouldn't pick Miley.
You'd have to ask the parents about that one.
Post a Comment