Hi out there to our loyal blog readers. I know you guys are interested in every minute detail of our lives, so I'm here to tell you about the weekend. Our weekend began on Thursday afternoon with a flight to Austin. We accompanied a student of mine to the UIL state convention where he was an alternate in one of the competitions. Let me just say this was not the most pleasant traveling experience I've ever had. Right after breakfast on Friday I started feeling pretty much horrible. I don't get sick very often, but when I do, I don't want to be on a trip in Austin sponsoring a student. Well, we still had to get him to the competition to see if he could compete. He found out at about 11:05 on Friday that he would not be able to compete because they didn't need any alternates. So, we have already checked out of the hotel, and we have 6 1/2 hours to kill until our flight leaves. Awesome. I kept thinking about who I felt the most sorry for that day...the 17-year-old who had to hang out with his sick teacher and her husband, the sick teacher, who really just wanted to curl up in a dark hole somewhere, or the husband, who had to make conversation with the 17-year-old when the teacher left them to head to the bathroom. Hmmm. It's a toss-up. Anyway, let's just get to the point without being too graphic. We are finally on the plane headed home (thank goodness for direct flights), and my body decides that it is time to purge whatever small amount of liquids I have been consuming all day. I think it was trying to eat that last Pepto Bismol tablet that sent me over the edge. Those things are disgusting. Anyway, much to my delight I did not throw up all over the plane, and I didn't have to use the barf bag either. I actually made it to the tiny little airplane bathroom, and afterwards felt much better. I only wished that had occurred about 5 hours earlier. Sorry. This was probably too much information. On to other things.
Saturday was a good day. I had a lot of high hopes for things I was going to get done since I have not been in town for a weekend in like a month, but the bug still wasn't gone, so I was really useless. I slept late and sat around for most of the day, except when Chad and I went shopping for work shoes for him. Even then I was still pretty weak from the previous day's shenanigans, so we left the shoe store pretty quickly after he found a pair that would work for him. I had to save up my energy for last night, which was prom. My friend who teaches across the hall from me is the prom sponsor, and I had told her a while back that I would help. So I got to take tickets all night and see all the kids all dressed up, and I also got to peek at the hilarity that is high school students dancing. Seriously, it is so entertaining. Anyway, by last night I was feeling a lot better, but I have still not been very hungry even today. And you know if I'm not hungry then I am not 100%.
So all that stuff that I wanted to do, I got done today. We went to early service and when we got home, we got to work. I mowed the lawn while Chad worked in the garden (update about that to come. We've got a ton of spinach and broccoli coming up, plus our rose bush that we transplanted is blooming all over the place!). I did laundry and cleaned the house while Chad folded clothes and made lunch. By the way, I don't know if I have mentioned lately that I have the most awesome husband ever. He is so helpful and considerate and he does stuff like folding laundry, making meals, working in the yard, and washing the car without even being asked! (Okay, well maybe I asked him to wash the car, but it was just once and he was very happy to do it). We even squeezed in a little time for a nap.
So that's about it for the weekend. It started off not so great, but got a lot better. Thanks for reading. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, yearbooks come in tomorrow. This is the part I like the most, but also dread the most...because I get some phone calls from not-so-happy parents about one thing or another. I guess I'll just unplug my phone for the next few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for the update. Glad you're feeling better.
Glad you didn't puke in your seat in the plane..that would have been horrible...but doing that in a tiny yucky airplane bathroom isn't much better. Laughed at the thought of Chad having to keep up a conversation with your student while you're in the bathroom. Glad you're better!
Well, you know I totally understand and sympathize about your being sick.
Very sorry to hear you felt bad. I'm trying to imagine trying to bend over and 'purge' in that small space, at the same time enjoying the rocking of the plane, and the odors of the restroom and airplane air. Hmmm.
Hey, you've been in the neighborhood like three times in the past few weeks. Wanna have lunch (or dinner) sometime?
Post a Comment