It's been a good weekend. Dad flew in on Friday to spend some time with us and my pee paw who lives here in town. Friday night we just went out for dinner and had a little mini-"Office" marathon at our house. Saturday, we had previously committed to some plans with some friends of ours from church. One of them is from about an hour away from here, and his mom has a farm out there with a really nice house, a pond with a diving board and paddle boat, stuff to shoot things with, etc. so about 8 of us went out there for the day and played games, went swimming, cooked hamburgers, and just had a good time. The guys went out to shoot skeet I guess and came back smelling like a skunk. Guess what they had ended up shooting instead? Also the girls drove out to the pond (probably 1/2 mile away from the house) and the driver who will remain unnamed (although it wasn't me) accidentally locked the keys in the car, with the extra key on the floorboard. So, her husband called AAA and they came all the way out from Lubbock to unlock the car, and did not charge them anything to do it. This has convinced me to purchase a AAA membership. Oh yeah the house also had 3 tiny little kittens that were so adorable and I got to play with them quite a bit. So...that was Saturday. Lots of fun.
Sunday was church of course, and dad flew out in the afternoon. I took a nice long nap and we had a game night over at some friends' house last night. Since none of us had to work today, we stayed over there pretty late playing different games and had a blast.
So today we slept late and have just piddled around the house and played some tennis. I made a few reservations for our Hawaii trip, stuff that we want to do and is cheaper to book ahead of time than just to pay for when we get there. It's almost a tease thinking I have to go back to work tomorrow, because it already feels like summer vacation. Anyway, it's been a nice little break before the last push to the last day of school. Only three more days with kids and 9 more days total of work. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How's the weather up there? It's so hot and humid here I don't think I'd like to go play tennis.
Post a Comment