Just got a call today from my publisher's rep that our yearbooks are on their way. Now, I know this is probably not very exciting for most of you, but it's my blog so nanny nanny boo boo. Our scheduled ship date was this next Monday, but they ended up going out today. Since my yearbook kids were so good about sending in all their deadlines early or on time this year (with me, of course, on their tail every minute) it means we get the books early. This is just one more sign that the year is almost over, and I have almost completed the milestone of finishing my first year of teaching--which of course, "they" say, is always the hardest.
This year will also close the chapter in my life of being the yearbook adviser at Bradshaw Mountain High School. Although this was a positive experience for me where I learned a lot, it was also very stressful and at times took over my life--even when I should have been focusing on the other 4 classes that I teach. So, I am taking at least a year off from advising a yearbook to get some more teaching under my belt, and then when I feel really comfortable with that I might consider advising another publication. Deciding to give up yearbook has made me realize how great the students are that I have worked with this year, and I will miss them. But I am looking forward to being able to come home and spend time with Chad, focus on my English classes, and best of all, not wake up in the middle of the night because of a bad dream about yearbook. Yes, that has happened many times this year (the latest one: we got all our yearbooks and the publishing company had put a big fat X over each student's school picture).
That's about it for now. We officially have 15 school days left, not including weekends. Not that I'm counting down or anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yearbook dreams are the worst! I have them all the time too!
Thanks for making a comment Sara! We got the yearbooks today. Luckily, none of the pages are out of order. A couple of years ago, Bradshaw got some yearbooks that included pages from another school's yearbook...printer's mistake. Glad I avoided a mess like that.
Post a Comment