Well, if there was ever a time to come visit Prescott, it's now. I had forgotten about how when we moved here a little over a year ago, we went a little over three months without having to use the heater or the air conditioner. The weather is wonderful! I walked to church this morning and now I am at the college (walked here too). That's one thing I'll miss about Prescott when we move--living close enough to things to walk to them, and decent enough weather to not be all nasty and sweaty after I walk somewhere.
Yesterday I had a very relaxing day and today I came home from church and cleaned, which is somewhat relaxing when you think about it--after I clean house I am very unstressed, and I can truly enjoy being lazy since I'm not looking around at my dirty house. So since it's almost the end of the school year and I don't have to do anymore planning, I have finally gotten around to reading for pleasure. At the moment I'm reading The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy. I'm about 100 pages into it and it's pretty good so far, if you are looking for a book to read. I hear that most of Conroy's books are pretty good: The Prince of Tides, The Great Santini, My Losing Season, etc. While some of my colleagues are taking summer school to work towards their master's degrees and some are teaching summer school, my only real responsibilities this summer are to re-read Fahrenheit 451 and A Separate Peace, both of which my honors kids will be reading next year. Not a bad summer assignment.
I have meetings after school every day this week, and Chad comes home late Thursday night. Friday night we are going to the "Adviser's Appreciation Night" given by Jostens in Phoenix--they are giving us dinner and we get to go to the Diamondbacks' game. So, I think this week will go fairly fast and then Chad will be home again. He informed me that he will not be blogging, so I guess you might be getting an email from him sometime soon telling you about his adventures on the San Juan River.
Have a good week. Feel free to leave comments! I love reading them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too bad about Chad, but it is not surprising. I think that he would be a great blogger. He is so good with words. I look everyday to see if it is updated. I am glad that your week should go by fast and that Chad will be home soon.
em
Post a Comment