Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Sorry for the little hiatus...things have been just a little crazy here lately. Last week was yearbook distribution at both campuses, and now that that's over, my life has settled down. You know I'm pretty busy when I don't have time to blog. Friday I took the day off, and Chad and I, along with Alan, Alan's friend Laura, and Caleb Montandon (Chad's 2nd cousin) went on a little backpacking trip along the west fork of Oak Creek Canyon near Sedona. It was beautiful and the weather was great. The hike was only 14 miles over two days, which seemed fairly mild at the time we were planning for it. But with all the boulder-hopping and crossing water that was sometimes over my head, I was extremely worn out and sore by the time we rolled back into Prescott Saturday night. We took lots of pictures which I will post soon.

The number of days left in school is down to single digits. Finals start next Tuesday (which reminds me that I need to finish writing my final exam), and then teacher check-out is next Friday. The very next day I leave for Texas to visit my family, which I'm really looking forward to. Chad will be in Tyler and then Arkansas for an independent study with Tyler Junior College. Okay, I'll write again when I have those pictures to post.

2 comments:

emma said...

keep us updated on when Chad will be in Tyler. Maybe I'll be able to come down for a few days and hang out with him and let Elle see her uncle chad. I am so excited for you that school's almost over this year. I remember those last days of the school year being that best, knowing that I was about to get a good break! love ,emma

Emily said...

We wish we could see you both, but it just does not look like that will be happening. We do hope that you have fun with your family.