Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cute kids...

In response to Erin's comment in my last entry, Kellen now calls me "Sey." You know, like Lesley, but without those pesky L's. This was especially exciting because yesterday I was talking to Erin and she asked Kellen if he wanted to talk to Aunt Lesley and he said, "Sey?" I got so excited. Then I talked to him and said, "Kellen, it's Aunt Lesley," and he said "Sey" again, and then I said hi and he said hi back. A few days ago he pointed to a picture of me and said Sey also, so I'm pretty pumped that my little nephew now knows who I am. That's probably the part that makes me the most sad about living far away, is that all our babies are growing up and they might not know who we are. But I have to say to our siblings, y'all are doing a great job of pointing to our pictures and telling those kids about their Uncle Chad and Aunt Lesley!

Another cute story...and Emily, correct me if I get this wrong, but a few weeks ago, right after spring break when we had seen all our nieces and nephew, Emily was driving around in the car and Riley saw a dark-headed, slender guy walking along the street and pointed at him and said, "Uncle Chad!" I thought that was so cute.

By the way, in another response to Erin's comment...I don't need to watch American Idol to be happy (although I do love American Idol). Who needs American Idol when you have a channel that shows two episodes of Dr. Phil and two epsodes of Oprah every single day? And let's not forget Deal or No Deal...(yuck.)

I guess that's enough typing for now, back to grading quizzes. Chad comes home tonight! Yay!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Riley loves her Aunt Esey and Uncle Chad. Sorry Lesley the "L's" are just too hard for a two year old. But when the day comes and she says it correctly we will all be sad. Riley frequently talks about her Aunts and Uncles. We are excited that we get to see Shawn, Emma, and Elle next weekend. We wish you guys could be there, but we understand. Maybe sometime this summer. Well done on the Yearbook. I know that it is the best one the school has ever had.
em

Lesley said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about Esey. I think that might be how Elle says it too. Before y'all had kids, Chad envisioned that they would call me "Auntie Leelee." Little did he know that the L would be the only letter that they would NOT say.