Sorry it's been a few days. I know for some of you, whether or not I post on my blog is really the deciding factor on whether or not you have a good day. So, in case you're one of those people, I thought I'd let y'all know what I've been up to the past few days. Friday was my last day at work, and I didn't waste any time getting to Texas to see my family. I flew in Saturday and Chad picked me up at the airport and I've been visiting my mom and grandparents since then. Sunday we took a quick trip to Tulsa to see some long lost relatives I'd never met before (my grandmother's brother J.R. and others) and I got to see my good friend Sara. She is teaching math at a junior high in Tulsa and also doing yearbook. We laughed a lot sharing stories about our students and our adventures as first-year yearbook advisers. Sara is a lot braver than I am though--she's actually doing yearbook a second year. Good job Sara. Anyway, on our way back we were close to Shawn and Emma so we dropped by their place for a quick visit. Elle served tea in tiny little cups and I read her a few books, then we were on our way. Since then it's pretty much been shopping and eating at good restaurants. Today we went to two art museums and that was pretty fun. Sorry for the lack of pictures lately. By the way, both of my sisters-in-law succumbed to the pressure of blogging and the links to both their blogs appear to the right. I probably won't be posting as many pictures of the kids now that they have their own blogs to post. I'll be visiting Erin, Josh, Kellen and Bonnie next week, and also my friends Emily and Matt and their son Tobin, so look for pictures of all of them soon.
By the way, I have been sleeping until 10 every morning. I'm liking this summers off thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wait a second...why do I have to be up at your house when I'm not the one that's doing the eating or the feeding?
Post a Comment