Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The last two months

Funny thing happens when I have "dust bedrooms and living room" and other things I really don't want to do on my to-do list. I take the time to sit down and post a bunch of pictures to my blog that I've had for a while but haven't gotten around to posting yet. 

These first ones are from September. Or maybe August, I can't remember. Doesn't matter. Anyway, we took Ezra to the science spectrum to something called bubble fest. You'll notice the pictures don't have any bubbles, because Ezra couldn't have cared less about all the bubble stuff.  
 Well, here he is watching a bit of the bubble show. That didn't last for too long.
 He was much more interested in sticking his face directly in the colored spotlights that lined the large room.
 This picture cracks me up. There is a t-rex at the science spectrum that moves and makes roaring sounds. Every time we drive by the science spectrum, Ezra says "Go see dinosaur!" The funny part is that he is completely scared of it. He won't go near it. This is what he did as we passed it the night we were there. So, good job science spectrum for making the t-rex believable. I guess.
 
I am in love with this picture. Ezra was sitting in the back with his papaw and they were sharing a laugh. Those two love each other. 

 We went to the fair when Paul & Carolyn came to visit and this is the only picture I got. Just picture all of us, some turkey legs, corn, funnel cake, etc. It was a good time.

 Twins

 Ezra LOVES to do puzzles, which usually means he brings me the pieces and I put them together, but he is so cute when he says "Yay! It fits!" and he is super proud when we finish a puzzle.
 Buds
 Nap hair
 We took Ezra to see "Lion King" at the drive-in and he loved it...he's posing in front of our set-up in the back of our van.
 Taking pictures with your mom is pure torture.
 I get to spend two days a week with these sweet boys.
 More random pictures
 His best pose
 Ezra is 2 years and 3 months. He is loving his Tuesday/Thursday school and is learning so much. Some of my favorite phrases that Ezra says these days:
"Come on, mama." 
"Be patient, mama." He said this to me yesterday as I was waiting for him to buckle the top buckle of his car seat. He insists on doing it himself and I guess I was being a little impatient. Nothing like a two-year-old putting you in your place.
"I like it chicken, mama." I love that he is learning to compliment. Yesterday he was chowing down on the dinner that I made and let me know that he was enjoying it. So sweet. Another compliment he says a lot is "I like it shirt, daddy," usually when Chad is wearing a plain white undershirt. 
The other day I went in to get Ezra from his nap because he had started making noises, and he was still laying down. He looked over at me and waved me out. Then he called me a few minutes later and said, "Good nap."
When it's time to put Ezra down for a nap or bedtime, his favorite stall tactic is, "Snuggle, little bit?" Hard to resist that.
I'm sure there are more that I would like to record, but as usual, I have forgotten.

1 comment:

davemaz said...

What a terrific way to capture these moments of a young family's life. You do a super job, too. Thank you.