Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Before & after...new windows

We had new windows installed this last week. It's a pretty subtle change, but my favorite part is how CLEAN they are right now. :) They also open, unlike our old windows, so it's nice to let the fresh air in...when we're not having a terrible dust storm like we did last week. 
So here's the before picture:
 And here is the after picture. Can you tell the difference?
The windows are a color called "driftwood" and I got the exterior paint to match it, so I think the windows blend quite nicely. No more ugly storm windows, and since these were so cleverly designed to be able to open and clean from the inside, I guess I will have to do that every once in a while. Probably won't, though. 

We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on our bathrooms. We are moved into the master bathroom, still waiting on the countertop, sink, backsplash, and a bit of tile wainscoting. We've got folks working at our house as we speak tiling the floor of the guest bathroom, and they have already done the wainscoting in there and the tub enclosure. Waiting on counters for that bathroom and painting and texturing. I'm guessing our kitchen counters will be in about the same time the ones in the bathrooms are, since it's all the same stuff. I can't wait for it all to be done so I can show you all those before and afters! And so we don't have constant dust and dirt and people coming through our house! And so Ezra doesn't have to take showers anymore!

No comments: