Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Garden

Well, we finally got around to planting our garden. Here are some pictures from yesterday...Here's Chad adjusting the timer on the underground irrigation system. It seems to be working really well so far.
I planted basil, serranos, jalapenos, chives, gold bell peppers, and three varieties of tomatoes: celebrity, roma, and cherry. Last year we started a lot from seed but this year since we're getting started so late, I went ahead and bought plants. Chad planted some bean, canteloupe and squash seeds, and ordered some more seeds online yesterday.
Here is Chad's birthday/father's day present...a backyard composter. It's pretty stinky already, so I guess that means it's working!
In the back alley Chad planted rosemary, honeysuckle, raspberries and strawberries. We already had two thyme plants back there that survived through the winter.
Look, here's proof that I'm not just sitting in the house laying on the couch trying to stay cool. It's getting harder and harder to get down on the ground and then get back up, but I wanted to be a part of the garden that we planted! Chad's pretty much done all the work so far, so now I can say I contributed. Check out that belly!

Thursday I'll be 34 weeks pregnant. Six more weeks to go! We'll go to camp this weekend for a quick trip to the cabin, then I'm going to visit mom and Erin, and then that'll be it for me and traveling until after the baby arrives. Just to be on the safe side I'm going to the dr. this Friday, and they're going to make sure I'm not showing any signs of having this baby any time soon.

4 comments:

davemaz said...

Mmmmm - a composter for your birthday! Next year, a subscription Compost Times. . .

Amy said...

Good job on the garden. I know I am not supposed to be jealous but I am finding it hard to stop thinking about and not be jealous of your cabin :)

Lesley said...

Let's go there!

Matt, Emily, Tobin, & Heidi said...

Matt got a compost bin for his birthday/father's day gift, too. They're so lucky to have us.