Sunday, June 07, 2009

The baby's room in progress

I've been working on getting the baby's room decorated and organized, and there are pictures at the bottom of this post, but first, let's travel back to 2007, shall we? The above picture is what the room looked like when we bought the house. Below is after we did our first remodel with the room, and later we ripped out the nasty carpet. Just wanted to show the phases that the room has gone through since we've moved in to the house. And below are the newest pictures of the room.

I am all about hand-me-downs. This little guy gets a new crib and a new glider (which is more for Chad and me), but all the other big furniture in the room is a hand-me-down, and mostly from Erin. She has supplied her little nephew with the swing, bookcase, changing table, exersaucer (not pictured), a bouncy seat, and a brand new high chair, not to mention a bunch of baby clothes that Kellen once wore. How awesome is that!? Thanks Erin. And the chest of drawers is my old one...maybe one of these days I'll get some new furniture for myself! The walls are very bare right now, but eventually I will hang the quilt above the changing table and chest of drawers, and the two paintings below will go above the crib, with another painting with Baby M's name in the middle that Emma is still working on because we are being stubborn and not coming up with a for-sure name. I looooove how the paintings turned out, and in the 2nd picture below you can see the frog and helicopter in the quilt and what a good job Emma did of replicating them. The colors in the painting look a little more subdued in real life (right now on my computer screen the helicopter background is looking very bright purple, but it's not actually that color). I am really loving how the room is coming together.
And since some people are interested in stuff like this, here is the stroller that I picked out (carseat is the same design) and this is what Barbara gave us for the shower. Thanks, Barbara!So there you have it, the latest nursery pictures. Eventually I'll get the stuff put up on the walls and the room will look a lot more put together, but just in the last few days it's really started to look like a baby's room. Makes everything even more exciting!

4 comments:

emma said...

I am jumping up and down I'm so excited!!! That room is looking so so so so sweet! It is wonderful!!!

Amanda said...

The nursery looks awesome!!! So, you decided to put the glider in there I see....... so I guess that means when I come to your house, I will be sitting in the baby's room.

Giggles said...

Hey Chad and Lesley. Congrats on the baby. Looks like you are having a good time getting everything put together. Where are y'all living now?

Tammy

erin said...

You're very welcome. Like I could have fit all that stuff in my house. I think my nephew needs a coffee table in his room. That would be just the thing to tie the room together.