Last night I had a startling revelation. I was watching "American Idol," and the baby started kicking. Only this time, for the first time, I could SEE him kicking. And then came my startling revelation. This kid is getting bigger...and he has to COME OUT. I know what you're thinking..."Duh, you idiot." Because that is what I was thinking too. But seriously. Does everyone who is pregnant have this revelation at some point and get kind of panicky?
Feel free to make fun of me, either in the comments section or behind my back. I don't care. The main point of this post is REALLY to document the first time I could see the baby move, not really to document the panic I felt after I saw him wiggling around in there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can truly say I had that revelation too! You forget that this thing ain't stayin in forever and then you follow logic and you're like FREAK OUT!!!!! Thanks for giving me a laugh...you still have a few months to mentally prepare...I say knowledge is power so read up and it won't be as freaky.
Good, I figured I wasn't the only one.
As the nun said to Grandmother, "You got yourself into this mess, now you have to get yourself out."
I used to love laying on my side and feeling my babies kick. I really miss that. Enjoy.
Did an actual nun say that to OUR grandmother? I have never heard that story.
Yes, when she was in St. Joseph. That was probably only passed along to me because I gave birth twice in the same hospital. Apparently that was when women were just knocked out, but Grandmother didn't want to do that, so she was yelling and the nun didn't have much patience. The good old days.
It made your Grandmother really mad. She told me she wanted to say to the nun, "What would YOU know about it?"
Post a Comment