Monday, April 13, 2009

Long time no blog

It seems like a while since I've posted to the blog. Lots of stuff has been going on lately. Here is some of it, and I will try to be as organized as possible with the topics:

1. We have decided that we won't be able to teach at all this summer at Blue Haven. The session we applied for, at the very beginning of the summer, didn't have any openings, and there were two other options...2nd and 5th. We can't go for two weeks because of Chad's job and because I don't think I'd have much fun being up there for that long, and 5th session is right when the baby is due. We are really sad, but we are hoping to get some cabin time at the beginning of the summer. And who knows, maybe the baby will come early and we'll feel up to taking him to camp to show him off. He'll need to meet with his doctor anyway, and that's where she'll be. We're extremely sad that we won't be able to be teachers this summer, but I am also a little relieved that no one is going to be depending on us since we will be in a most undependable situation.

2. Chad is going to start a Master's in nursing program through Excelsior. They don't require a Bachelor's in nursing before going to a Master's, just a bachelor's degree of some kind, so in total he will need 38 hours to complete his MSN. He plans on starting this pretty soon, with the hope that it will be out of the way while our son is still really little.

3. I finally met my new doctor. I like him a lot. My next appointment is at the beginning of May, which means I'll be 29 weeks or so, then I'll have one more ultrasound around 32 weeks. The next thing I have to do is take that test where you drink that stuff and they tell you if you have gestational diabetes.

4. I went shopping in Austin with mom and Erin this weekend and it was lots of fun. I had a blast finding cute little boy clothes for super cheap. I think the most fun thing about shopping for boys' clothes is that most of them aren't cute (unlike girls' clothes, which are pretty much all adorable and too much of a temptation for me), so when you find something that is, especially if it's cheap, it is even more exciting. My favorite boys' clothes are the ones that make them look like little men...sweaters, jeans, half-zip pullovers, etc. Erin passed along lots of hand-me-downs from Kellen, and I've just started to go through them. In a matter of a couple of days, the baby's room went from completely bare to this...
I love hand-me-downs! With both of us being youngest siblings whose brothers and sisters have had 8 children altogether, we are benefiting from everyone else's stuff, and they are being gracious enough to part with so much of it to help us out. Emily also sent us a care package with lots of goodies in it. Our favorite part had to be the card from Riley. It was so sweet and Emily said she did the whole thing herself, with no prompting with what to say in the card. I don't know if you can read it or not, but it says "I hope your baby feels good when it comes out." Hilarious and adorable. I plan on putting it in his baby book, but I'll probably have to put a caption under it that says, "You didn't."
5. While I was in Austin shopping, Chad went camping in New Mexico. I don't have much to say about that, but he took some pictures and I'll see if he wants to post those and do an update.
And last but not least, a photo of me @ 25 weeks pregnant, taken last Thursday.

I hope everyone has a good week.

No comments: