I am really appreciating today. One reason is because the UIL district meet that was supposed to be last Saturday and got canceled because of the snow got moved to yesterday, which means we all still get a weekend. So, we got back last night, and my journalism team won 2nd place overall, and I have 2 on my team who will be competing in various events at regionals (which is in town...yay!). A little more explanation...there are 4 journalism events, and 10 5A schools per event, and each school can enter 3. So there were 30 kids per event, and 6 possible "places." If you place 1st through 3rd, you move on to regionals. In one event all 3 of my kids placed, in 2 others, 1 placed, and in one, 2 placed. So I'm pretty proud of them...they did well. AND I'm glad we came back yesterday, so we all still have a weekend.
Another reason I'm appreciating today is because Chad came home from his shift at 7 a.m., made cinnamon rolls, eggs & bacon for me and my friend Amanda who spent the night last night, and then went to sleep. What a thoughtful husband!
So, I'm already past the 24 week mark, and I will post a picture soon. Happy weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment