Wednesday, August 06, 2008

New update on cabin

Foundation is poured and finished...just needs to finish drying. Framing will begin tomorrow, with the floors and then the walls being raised on Monday.

We also have a plumber now. I have pledged my firstborn to pay him. Not really, but the plumbing is expensive. We are having a tankless water heater installed so our builder thinks that is part of the more expensive cost.

Next up...choosing a color for the roof and ordering the roof. Want to see our choices? Here they are. We're taking votes if you're interested. Well, more like suggestions. Votes would indicate that the color with the most of them is what we will choose. But please feel free to tell us what roof color you like the best!

9 comments:

Denise said...

I think the roof should blend into the woodsy setting, whatever color it is.

davemaz said...

Yep - oughta blend. Think I'd pick a non-glossy finish - a "cool roof" would be nice, but your shade probably won't allow a lot of heating, anyway. Let us know!

emma said...

How about a bright orange or green? Okay I know that's not really what will happen...I can't believe how fast this is going! FREAK OUT...but not really because you need to keep your cool during all the decision making :)

erin said...

I like the fern green. Wait, was that a choice?

Lesley said...

Well, I linked to the wrong set of colors, so now there are more options. Dad, we will probably choose a glossy roof because those are the ones that are Energy Star rated--meaning the cabin will stay cooler in the summer since we aren't having to worry about actual heating and cooling. Okay now everyone go back to that link and tell me what you think about the picture on the top right, the cabin with the dark red roof. That was our first choice. Second choice is brown. Erin, I like green too.

The Montandon's said...

I like the Charcoal or Forest Green.

erin said...

I still like the greens, but that's because green is my favorite color. Thanks for letting us voice our opinions! I can't wait to see what you pick. Will the cabin be the same color as the one in the picture?

Lesley said...

I would like for it to be. I like the warm look of it. My first instinct gravitated towards the more "metal-y" colors like the aluminum looking one, and the charcoal, but when I saw the red roof on that picture I thought it was so pretty.

The Montandon's said...

Then you could rent it out as RED ROOF INN.