Sunday, August 24, 2008

More pictures of the cabin...and it actually looks like a cabin now.

Here are the latest pictures of our little cabin in the woods. Our builder sent us these. He said the power pole is up, meaning we should be on the grid as far as electricity goes. This is good because he was having to use a generator for power, and we all know that fuel is not the cheapest thing these days. The first picture is the north side of the house, that faces a neighbor's lot. There is actually not going to be an entrance on this side, it's just open for the builder to get materials through. The opening is where the bedroom will be. On the top inside here is the loft. This is the south part that faces the ridge, with no cabins on this side. On the left there will be a sliding door that will eventually lead out to the deck (depending on if we have enough money to do it, otherwise we'll do it ourselves eventually). We wanted to have one of those big triangular windows underneath the roof but are not getting one for various reasons.
Inside obviously, looking at the loft.
And a further away view of the north side of the cabin (same as picture #1 but further away).
It's going to be cozy but nice to have. I can't wait for it to be finished. I still can't believe this place is ours.

Our roof will be delivered in 8 days, and we chose a warmer finish for the wood than what a lot of cabins out there have. Our siding is pine, and a lot of people decide to just keep it that piney color, but we chose a finish called warm sequoia or something like that. I can't remember. I wish the siding and roof were already finished so I could get pictures of that this weekend, but I guess I'll be leaving that up to Shawn and Emma to get pictures of everything in late September. Thanks in advance Shawn & Emma. :)

In other news, school starts tomorrow. I am pretty emotionless about it...not really sad, or excited, or nervous or anything. It's a different feeling when you are not starting at a new school and when you have a lot of the same students you had the year before. Life is good.

5 comments:

erin said...

Did I miss what color you decided on for the roof?

Lesley said...

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I mentioned it. We chose red. Here's the link again... http://www.metalsales.us.com/Colors/BranchColors/ColorChart-Longmont.pdf and it's the color of the roof in the picture on the top right.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

this looks AMAZING I can't wait till it is finished and I get to be an invited guest!!!!

The Montandon's said...

How exciting. Your own mountain cabin.
Dad

Sara Gregersen said...

WOW!!! It looks great so far. Of course i knew it would because you guys have good taste. Hope your first day of school goes well. I just started my 11th day of school. :(