Well, the first day of school is now under my belt. Only 180 or so more to go. It was tiring as usual. I know in the last post I mentioned that I was pretty emotionless about starting school, and that's true. My first year I was so nervous to set foot in that classroom and have all those eyes staring back at me, and then the second year I was just dreading having to go back, then last year it was nerves again with having to start at a new school, and now it's just become part of the routine. I have caught myself a couple of times not really looking forward to going back to work this year, but then I remember that I like my job, I like the kids, I like the school, and I feel very blessed to have the job that I have. So, no complaints, even if it does mean no more summer.
And, only four more days until another trip to Blue Haven! I'm excited about that too, especially with it being a long weekend. I don't know if I mentioned this already or not...but we are babysitting camp while the caretakers are out of town this weekend, and there's also going to be a youth retreat going on there. Hopefully it's not too much responsibility, because we will need plenty of time to go sit in our unfinished cabin and fantasize about it being finished. It'll be great to be up there again. Maybe we'll be able to take one or two more trips up there after the cabin is finished and before everything is inaccessible for winter.
That's it for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to think positively..I could do that more often....
I'll bet you'll be back before the snow falls - at least a couple of times. It'll be such a great way to re-center. Just smelling the pines and cool, dry air . . . . You're there!
Post a Comment