Thursday, August 07, 2008

A few more birthday pictures

Last night we had some friends over after church to eat birthday cake. It was great, because pretty much all the cake was eaten except for just a couple pieces, so now we don't feel obligated to eat all the cake so it doesn't go bad. (Don't think I wouldn't have done it, though.) Barbara used to do the chocolate icing with blue writing so I thought I'd do that this year as well. Chad asked if he was too old for sprinkles, and I said of course not. We did have to go to the numeral candles instead of putting the actual number of candles on the cake. The birthday boy blowing out his candles. Here is what I got Chad for his birthday. No, not the electric drumset; the drum rug underneath. Now, I know what some of you are thinking: "That's just a big piece of flannel," or maybe, "Hey, she stole a baptism blanket from Blue Haven and is using it as a rug. But you're wrong. This rug is actually made to go under a drumset. The drums had been getting no play time since we had our wood floors installed in April (and they will be finished tomorrow, but that's another story that makes me very angry with Home Depot, so I'm not going to tell it right now), and they were sitting out in the garage collecting dust because I was not okay with just putting the drums directly on the wood floor. Also, I'm not a fan of spending a lot of money on something (drums, for example) and then not ever using it. So in order to turn from bad wife into good wife, I gave Chad this rug for his birthday, so now he can play to his heart's content. Although now since the drumset is turned toward the wall, it feels a little like Chad is in time out when he's playing the drums.


3 comments:

emma said...

Love the throw back to chad's younger days. I want you to record Chad playing the drums so we can hear what is sounds like on an elecric drumset. Thanks for all the updates lately!

davemaz said...

Bad wives don't cook b'day cakes and use sprinkles, do they? (unless the sprinkles are toxic).

The Montandon's said...

HEy, sprinkles are special, as are wives who go the extra mile.