We had a really good weekend. Thursday night we drove to Denton (probably saw 30 deer on the side of the road on the way there) to spend a couple days with my old roommate & friend from A&M, Emily, her husband Matt, and their son Tobin. Tobin and Josey both turned two on Thursday, so while we were there on Friday I helped Emily out with Tobin's birthday cake. This is the same roommate that microwaved a hamburger in its foil wrapper and didn't know how to cook pasta in college. Emily's going to kill me for saying that but I just wanted to show how far she's come! She has taken up baking and really loves it. Look at this adorable crayon cake she made! It was my first experience with fondant and I helped with mixing the black part. We had a good time hanging out and on Friday evening the four of us went to the Mavs game in Dallas and spent a little time with our friend Brent. Then we got up Saturday morning to make it back to Lubbock for my school's football playoff game, which they lost. And now we're back home and Chad's out working in the yard so I better go help him. Thanks Emily and Matt for a fun weekend!

4 comments:
Maybe you can give me some fondant pointers...I think I bought the cheap kind last time I tried to use it...didn't roll out too well. Cute cake though. Glad you made it back safely with NO MORE SNOW!
The cake looks good. I have never tried fondant, but if I do I will know who to call for questions. I think you guys should have just kept on driving and made it to Josey's party. I am glad you had a fun weekend.
So cute!! Glad you had fun with Em, Matt and Tobin! Hope to see more pictures :)
Unfortunately, the pictures of the cake were the only ones I got. Too bad, because Tobin is adorable.
Post a Comment